Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Windows

seek
02-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Okay, The doors / windows on this car have got to be the trickiest thing I've ever seen. I've asked about 6 people for their opinion on putting the window back. The dealer quoted me $450. I took the other door panel off [how tricky] to get an idea how to do the other door.

The problem is the white clip that holds the cable on the track at the top came off. You cant see the top of the track to put the white piece of plastic on there because its so small. Has anyone had any problems or fixed it at all? I can take pictures of the pieces to show you exactly what i'm working with.

It's driving me nuts!! The weather is a perfect 70's at night here and I cant even roll down my rear windows! The motor is fine, it pulls the cables and they react fine. Its just this damn clip!

Laser17
02-10-2005, 02:14 PM
you could always rig it up to attach with ductape as a last resort...i might not be fulling understanding the problem it just soundsl ike the windows no longer moving with the cables because the clip broke, attach it some other way i guess or pay money..

seek
02-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Okay, I took the window apart and figured out how the white clip goes on the track. As I continued to reassemble the whole mechanism the cable wasnt being pulled like it used to. I open the motor and the cable is all tangled up. Since it had so much slack previously, now it rubbed against another cable and chewed the cable up. Anyone have any ideas on how much replacement cable would be or if it would be cheaper to get a whole new motor?

cleong
02-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Did you get a replacement for the white clip? The white clip that holds the cable to the window for me has broken and i am wondering can the clip itself be replaced.

seek
03-30-2005, 09:43 PM
So ive been working on this in my spare time. Winter is now over, and summer is here. I asked around 5-6 junk yards about the window regulator. The problem with the cables is they cannot be "re-wound". You have to buy a new unit which runs anywhere from 80-150 dollars. As far as the clip, call up junk yards and ask if they know of the piece. i'm sure you could get it. ordering i doubt it. you have to buy all the things for the window :/

Add your comment to this topic!