Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

suggestions on engine

bdteg
02-09-2005, 02:40 PM
hey everyone, I am soon going to build an integra turbo motor. I have a couple questions. What engine has the most reliability under turbo boost? would a fully built non-vtec turbo be more reliable then a GSR turbo engine? Also, how long would you expect one of these engines to last under on average, if you were running say 20 pounds of boost?

Check out the best acura integra webpage. www.acuraintegra.info

CivicSpoon
02-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Both the vtec and non-vtec engines will be just as reliable if both are built. The b18b could be less reliable because of it's rod-stroke ratio. And the b18c could be less reliable because of high reving constantly. Now don't get me wrong; I'm not saying either will be unreliable, but both have the potential to be just like any other engine out there. But the b18b (LS, RS, GS engine) is more boost friendly from it's lower compression. But if you built both motors, it wouldn't matter because you could put lower compression pistons in the b18c (GS-R). And figuring out how long the engines will last is impossible, it all depends on how well you take care of the motor, how reliable it is built, and how good your engine management is.

whtteg
02-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Both the vtec and non-vtec engines will be just as reliable if both are built. The b18b could be less reliable because of it's rod-stroke ratio. And the b18c could be less reliable because of high reving constantly. Now don't get me wrong; I'm not saying either will be unreliable, but both have the potential to be just like any other engine out there. But the b18b (LS, RS, GS engine) is more boost friendly from it's lower compression. But if you built both motors, it wouldn't matter because you could put lower compression pistons in the b18c (GS-R). And figuring out how long the engines will last is impossible, it all depends on how well you take care of the motor, how reliable it is built, and how good your engine management is.

Yes I agree if they are both built then they will be about the same as far as reliability. And there are too many varibles to determine how long your motor will last.

kornflakes28546
02-10-2005, 11:14 AM
yep... i definitely agree with both of them. but tuning is everything with boost. if it's tuned properly, you'll get more HP and it will defintely last longer. if its not tuned, bad things are going to happen

integrawhat
02-12-2005, 10:26 PM
well hold on here do you mean BUILD or just put on a turbo kit

whtteg
02-14-2005, 04:01 PM
well hold on here do you mean BUILD or just put on a turbo kit

Haha,
Well running 20 psi it had better be built.:icon16:

integrawhat
02-15-2005, 07:03 PM
lol yeah that makes sense but it was a newbie question, i was just makin sure

whtteg