Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do subs sound their best?

stoned_pimp420
02-09-2005, 12:34 PM
In the trunk of a 4 door sedan, facing forwards or backwards or up, Farther back towards the taillights or up against the seat? Keep in mind that I'm talking about a typical sealed enclosure in the trunk of a 1990 buick century. I don't have dynomat or any other sound deadening crap like that either.

sr20de4evr
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM
in a sedan it's normally best to have them facing the rear as close to the tail lights as possible

Mannyb18b
02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I would disagree. Are you talkin about having the sub shooting backwards as close to the trunk as possible? wouldnt that cause distortion? I would say have the sub facing the rear of the car pressed up against the rear seat for more loudness maybe, an facing the front of the car pressed up agaisnt the taillights for SQ...

sr20de4evr
02-09-2005, 02:36 PM
http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming.html

Mannyb18b
02-09-2005, 03:06 PM
2. box at front of trunk speakers aiming backward = better in car bass response by far, slightly better with trunk open.- Isnt that what you suggested?

4. box at back of trunk with speakers aiming backward = best in car bass response and gets less bass with trunk open.- Isnt that what I suggested :dunno:

bumpinstang77
02-09-2005, 03:40 PM
I like firing forward with little/no leakage to the back of the trunk w/ seats folded down.

sr20de4evr
02-09-2005, 03:48 PM
2. box at front of trunk speakers aiming backward = better in car bass response by far, slightly better with trunk open.- Isnt that what you suggested?

4. box at back of trunk with speakers aiming backward = best in car bass response and gets less bass with trunk open.- Isnt that what I suggested :dunno:

you have those backwards, I'm the one that suggested #4, the back of the trunk is the end closest to the tail lights. Read his description under each of those graphs, the 2nd one is the one that corresponds to the #2 that you just quoted, and it's the one that you suggested. The last one corresponds to #4 that you quoted, and it's the one that I suggested

Mannyb18b
02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
WTF...alright my bad on that part, I'm thinkin the back of the trunk is closest to the seat :banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!