Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how do 6X8's fit ?

mixdamike
02-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I just installed two Clarion 5X7s in my rear panels, that were givin to me by a friend. I didnt like the way they sounded, as they were kind of old. But as i was installing them I noticed that the they fit well, and i dont see how a 6X8 would fit. Lots of people at different sites say that 6X8s are the reccomended speaker size. Now i want to go with Alpine 6X8s all around. Could anyone tell me if 6X8s will fit.
Mixdamike

4.6_F150
02-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I just installed two Clarion 5X7s in my rear panels, that were givin to me by a friend. I didnt like the way they sounded, as they were kind of old. But as i was installing them I noticed that the they fit well, and i dont see how a 6X8 would fit. Lots of people at different sites say that 6X8s are the reccomended speaker size. Now i want to go with Alpine 6X8s all around. Could anyone tell me if 6X8s will fit.
Mixdamike

I'm not sure what year yours is but I have a 99. 6x8's are definitely the right speaker for my car (both front and rear). Go to crutchfield.com, they have every 6x8 made plus the come with instructions on how to install plus any adapters so you dont have to splice wires. Hope this helps

mixdamike
02-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Yeah i have a 99 also. Thanx for the reply, now im going to get my speakers.
Mixdamike

Add your comment to this topic!