Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Parts

J3z
02-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi, I'm new (ish) to the car modeling game and started my Tamiya Peugeot 206 WRC about a month ago... trouble is about a week or 2 ago i was cleaning the headlight lens and it broke on me (you can imagine the words that came out of my mouth), any way I was just wondering where and how to order new parts like that form?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jez

Sticky Fingers
02-09-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I believe you'll get what you want from www.mediamixhobby.com.sg

They have thousands of stuff on their website, great postage rates too.

Too bad about the lens, yes I imagine I'd be spitting expletives too!

edit: oops, just noticed this is your first post! May I be the first to give you a warm welcome to AF. Kiss goodbye to your spare time!!! :icon16:

mickbench
02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Getting Tamiya parts in the UK is a right pain.. you can call the UK tamiya importers from http://www.tamiya.com/europe/euro.htm and they can "sometimes" get parts for you.

Don't hold your breath though..!! I tried to get some more decals ( I needed one) and they didn't have any and was told it could be two months before they get anymore..!!

Oh - Welcome to AF, and yep kiss goodbye to your free time. This hobby takes a lot of your time.

Vric
02-09-2005, 10:43 AM
you can try contact HLJ (trouble@hlj.com). Even if you haven't bouth the kit from them, they can get replacement parts. You will have to pay for them, but it will solve your problem. You need to give them the part number.

BTW, the Peugeot 206 was my first kit too (few years ago)

J3z
02-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Hi and thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for all your help and replies, I think HTJ are my best bet... just got to wait for ages for the parts. lol yea got to love the 206, the WRC was one of the best looking cars of all time... and of course I own a 206 so you could say theres a tad bit of favouritism lol

Thanks again

Jez

Add your comment to this topic!