Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Altima Heat/Ac control not working

ScoDog
02-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Just bought the car and IM going throught the little things now. I tried my Heat and A/C today and found I have no controll I have fan speed but thats it, no controll of wherw the air comes out( now just comes out of front dash vents). Ac dosent turn on and can not switch between hot or cold. I looked behind the controll pannel briefly on my lunch break and all the connections look to be connected.
Is there a fuse that controlls this ( i did look in fuse box but didnt pull every fuse out) or some way that this is easily repaired?

ScoDog
02-09-2005, 07:23 PM
ok Found the blow fuse after all. I can change from Hot to cold and select vent, vent & floor, and floor. the second I use any defrost selections or turn on the A/C it blows the fuse.

Did a continuity test on the 2 wires running from the compressor and each one apparently grounds out.

Does onyone know where the 2 wires run to. there is one the runs to the fron of the car and then into a loom. the second seem to head towards the rear and dissappears sortly after the compressor. I tried using the hayes schematics but I alway had a hellava time with them.

ScoDog
02-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Not that anyone seemed to care =P I finally figured out the problem with my controlls. The A/C relay is bad keeps poping rthe fuse. I replaced the relay it seems to be ok now.

I figured you all wanted me to figure it out for my self being a noob and all =P

Add your comment to this topic!