Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

someone mentioned an alarm system with a pager?

Beast
03-17-2002, 04:38 AM
The past 2 month my cars been broken into twice in my hood. First time they took just stupid ass stuff, The second time they just broke my driver's side window and took the fucking cigarette lighter and mag light from my car.
Which system can I get that will alert me of a thief without alerting the thief himself? I'd like to take my shotgun out and shoot his ass. Someone mentioned a system witha pager on it? If there's one out there like that how far does it work and what does it cost to have it installed?

or is it even worth installing on my car? It's a 89 Civic Si . Any suggestions I would appreciate greatly...

93speed
03-17-2002, 08:02 AM
I was looking at the Aladdin 2000 alarm at groupbuycenter.com. I don't know how good it works since nobody here has it installed yet but it has an lcd pager and silent mode. Its only $200 too. I don't know many others come with a pager.

crxlvr
03-17-2002, 12:27 PM
there are universal pagar kits that can be fitted to most any alarm, they have a range of about 200-300ft depending on area of the land(ie. buildings, dense trees will hinder it). you can also get an alarm that comes with the pager but they get kinda pricey after awhile. any type of stereo shop would be able to install the alarm for you and have it set to silent and no light flash mode so the thief thinks he's getting away free, when you know hes doing it.

buh_buh
03-17-2002, 03:03 PM
Compustar!!
Its got a diagram of your car, and the part that's being broken into or kicked or whatever will start flashing.

mellowboy
03-21-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Compustar!!
Its got a diagram of your car, and the part that's being broken into or kicked or whatever will start flashing.

Hey where can u get those? I'm thinkin i should get something like that? How much do they usually go for?

buh_buh
03-22-2002, 02:30 AM
Well, in Canada, you can get it at A&B Sound (I don't know if they have that in the states) for $900 installed. So that's about $600USD. But I've seen them here sell for as low as $600 installed, but that's from a local place. So $600 is about $400USD. Just look around and ask man. Its a good alarm.

kingsario
03-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Viper had that pager option about 3 years ago. Don;t know if they still do.:confused: :devil:

Add your comment to this topic!