Need help finding a nice car for 15G Cdn.

Damious
02-07-2005, 11:47 PM
hi everyone, i live in toronto canada and im looking for a car thats 15,000 Cnd. im not really sure what that is in american but im sure its something like 10,000 american.

anyways, im a pretty new driver... i drove a 1993 Dodge Colt (ATX) for about a year till about 6 months ago, it crapped out on me so im looking for something new.

i would really like something 2000+, 6 spd Tranny (5 spd is ok, but not prefered), with good tuneablitity, and reliablitiy, 2 door or 4 door doesn't matter, as long as the seats in the back arn't a joke.

this will be my first manual, though i have practiced manual on a friends corolla and my uncles RSX (another 6 spd.... *drools*)

so far ive been thinking about a SVT Ford focus, Subbie Impreza 2.5rs and Sentra SE-R V-Spec

ill be going to college soon so money is an issue. so cheap insurence would be nice.

thanx for any and all help u guys can give.

jncodave
02-08-2005, 01:53 AM
First off, im sorry you had to drive a Dodge Colt. I found that 15000 CAD = 11,971 USD. If you really like the RSX, which I agree is an awesome car, I have seen them for under $14,000 USD. and that was a 2002 6 spd. with 70,000 miles, so if you look around you might be able to find one a little cheaper. the impreza is a decent car, pretty reliable and its decent on power. the v-spec is also good and i imagine it will last a while since nissan's quality has gotten better. The focus is good but i dont think you will find one in your price range. If it were me i would pick a camaro Z28 because of the power and it is fairly cheap, however it has high insurance and practically no back seat. so in this case how about an Eclipse gsx, i imagine you have bad winters in Canada and the gsx is AWD. i dont know about the back seats,and i think its only a 5spd and the last year they made it was 1999, but insurance shouldnt be too bad and the car is pretty fast and reliable, and as far as tunability goes, there are parts all over the place for this car. Hope this helped some.

Damious
02-08-2005, 01:59 AM
actually, i live in Southern canada... which is pretty much the equivilant to NYC in weather (i think).

but yes, we do get snow, and AWd would be good.

the eclipse (we didn't have those years but we did have the talon) was something i looked at, but the insurence was way more then an svt or V-spec as well as the lack of at least semi-comfortable backseats.

i wouldn't mind having an RSX... but i dunno... something about having the same car as my uncle just throws me off, ill give them a look though.

i heard mixed messages about Fords reliablility... is it true? svt focus is a nice car and i have been able to find some in my price range... (granted... they were 14,999 haha).

also i was thinking V-Spec but the low RPM doesn't make it seem to promising, unless there is an aftermarket fix for that?

jncodave
02-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Fords have been known in the past to have poor reliability, however, the focus is just as reliable as any import. I don't know a great deal about the v-spec rpm problems, so you might want to find someone better able to answer that for you, i dont want to give you bad advice.

Add your comment to this topic!