Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problems with metallic paint

jimmytester24
02-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I have a 04 SIlver Ranger that has Metallic paint. I had a crease in the fender which ended up repainted. However, when the shop paints this section, it looks really good for a week or so, then the metallic disappears and I am left with a flat silver.

Someone said there is junk in the paint. Someone else mentioned orange peels. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to keep this from happening a third time? It has been painted 2 times now. Is there anything I should be told to have them check next time? And should it be buffed after the job is finished?

The shop is using NEXA brand paints.

blubaja
02-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey,

I don't think you are in the right section. However, I am taking autobody/paint classes. I know a little. Are they clearing the paint? Are they letting it dry properly? Are they useing factory paint?

Frank X.

GlowinGTZ
02-07-2005, 09:27 PM
uhm...is this a model or a 1:1??

jimmytester24
02-07-2005, 09:33 PM
He sprays it then clearcoats it. He then uses a heater which I think he said was infrared that heats from inside out. It takes him about an hour or so to spray, clear coat it, and then heat it. Someone told me he should be buffing it after it is dry?

mike@af
02-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Sounds like it might be a problem with the clearcoat. Thats all I can think of right now...its early in the morning so later I might have another answer.

Add your comment to this topic!