Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help, anybody with an '04 van?

Bob86ZZ4
02-07-2005, 04:57 PM
I just bought an '04 conversion van. I bought the van new off the lot. The manual says it has Passlock and the window sticker does also. The manual says the "security" light on the dash is supposed to light up when you first turn the key to the on position and go off after a few seconds. My light has never come on. At first the dealer tried to tell me I don't have passlock when I questioned them on it. Then when I showed them the window sticker and the manual they said, "oh, I guess it does have passlock." Then they messed around with it for about an hour in the service bay and said, "it's all okay, that light only is supposed to come on if there is a problem with passlock." I asked them why the manual says it's supposed to come on when you turn the key on and go off after a few seconds and they said, "oh, the manual is wrong." I think they're lying to me and there is some sort of problem with passlock. Anybody that could check their '04 dash and tell me if their light comes on and then goes off would help me. Thanks.

WAP
08-01-2005, 03:18 PM
I have run into a similar problem. There is supposed to be a light that tells when to change the oil. It is supposed to be reset when you do an oil change. And it is supposed to come on momentarily when you turn on the ignition or if reset it after an oil change. I tried to reset it and it won't light at all. It does not come on with ignition turn on either. The dealer claims my van is not supposed to have the light. The manual says it is? So who am I to believe? Is the manual wrong and dealer lying or is the van broke?

Bill
:confused:

I just bought an '04 conversion van. I bought the van new off the lot. The manual says it has Passlock and the window sticker does also. The manual says the "security" light on the dash is supposed to light up when you first turn the key to the on position and go off after a few seconds. My light has never come on. At first the dealer tried to tell me I don't have passlock when I questioned them on it. Then when I showed them the window sticker and the manual they said, "oh, I guess it does have passlock." Then they messed around with it for about an hour in the service bay and said, "it's all okay, that light only is supposed to come on if there is a problem with passlock." I asked them why the manual says it's supposed to come on when you turn the key on and go off after a few seconds and they said, "oh, the manual is wrong." I think they're lying to me and there is some sort of problem with passlock. Anybody that could check their '04 dash and tell me if their light comes on and then goes off would help me. Thanks.

Bob86ZZ4
08-01-2005, 06:44 PM
I have the oil minder light also. Seems to me the light comes on when I turn the key on before cranking. I think it's just a light in the shape of a wrench, doesn't say anything. My van is not home right now so I can't go out and check but I'm pretty sure of this. I did verify that the security light on my van works when I was putting in an aftermarket alarm system. There are some wires that you can ground down on the harness above and left of the brake light and that will activate the security light and not allow the van to start. I can't remember which wire it is but it was listed in my wiring schematic for my Autopage alarm system. If your wrench isn't coming on I'd see if the dealer can get it to light up for you.

Add your comment to this topic!