Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Chevy stalls after highway driving

mrm0726
02-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi all.

I have a 93 Chevy Cav R1 3.1 V6 convertible. I love my car, but recently, after driving on the highway, I come up to the exit ramp and she stalls right there. She will start right back up, but I put her in drive and she dies again.

I just replaced the spark plugs and that didn't do it. Any other suggestions???

Thanks!

Michelle

noshun
02-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi all.

I have a 93 Chevy Cav R1 3.1 V6 convertible. I love my car, but recently, after driving on the highway, I come up to the exit ramp and she stalls right there. She will start right back up, but I put her in drive and she dies again.

I just replaced the spark plugs and that didn't do it. Any other suggestions???

Thanks!

Michelle

Climber underneath on the drivers side and on the bottom of the trans should be a blue electrical plug. Remove this and then see if the problem persists. It sounds like the Torque Converter Clutch (desinged to lock the tc on highway to raise gas mileage) If it works then just leave it unplugged you'll notice a bit of a difference in mileage but it's an expensive job to fix so I wouldn't bother!

mrm0726
02-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks. Is this hard to do or find? I am a total girl and would freak if I did this incorrectly.

noshun
02-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks. Is this hard to do or find? I am a total girl and would freak if I did this incorrectly.

No it may need a little force to remove but if you find it. It's the only thing under the car on the driver side that looks the way it does. Just use a screwdriver to open the clip so it comes off. It so easy, even a gril could do it! I'm just ribbing you. It's easy to do I don't think that girls are useless with cars, in fact my older sister was at the dealer with her Neon, the guy was trying to explain something to her in a way a moron could understand and she said, 'oh you mean.....' Shocked the sh*t out the guy! You shouldn't have any trouble!

Add your comment to this topic!