Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Torsion Lift... now needs repairs?!?!

Stinky1117
02-07-2005, 08:11 AM
I have a 1998 S-10 Blazer 4x4. Everything is stock on it, as of now. However, I just got finished lifting it with a torsion bar lift and shackles in the rear. Immediately after the job I was driving on the highway and at around 65 mph the thing started vibrating real bad. I took it to a buddies shop and he said the Pitman arm, idler arm and the two? front axles need to be replaced.

Is this because of the lift, or would it have just been something that was accentuated by the lift? Thanks guys, appreciate the help!

movin2stereo
02-07-2005, 03:38 PM
The lift probally didn't help it any,just put more of a bind on everything.

BlazerLT
02-08-2005, 03:13 AM
How about an alignment?!

You can't just adjust the torsion bars and keep on driving.

Also, you buddy doesn't sound too honest.

vtmecheng
02-08-2005, 06:22 AM
Like BlazerLT said, you need an alignment after that kind of lift and he doesn't sound too honest. What is the chance of all that stuff going together? Bet there is a better chance of Janet Jackson being the Super Bowl half time show next year.

Stinky1117
02-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I know I definately need an alignment, I'm planning on getting one, just got a coupon in the mail in fact. Anyway, my buddy is pretty honest, he doesn't work for a place that does those kind of repairs, so he doesn't have anything to gain from telling me that, besides, any work he ever does on my truck he does for free.

It wouldn't shock me that it needed all that work done. I have had the truck for about 2 years and have already had to get a bunch of repairs, including replacing wheel bearings. I bought it used at carmax and it has 110,000 miles on it. Thankfully it is still under warranty.

Once again, thanks for the help!

BlazerLT
02-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Get an alignment, that is what is needed.

Add your comment to this topic!