Page updated on 10-23-2017

94 probe GT exhaust and clutch questions

vonage003
02-07-2005, 12:57 AM
I recently purchased a 94 Probe GT and i replaced a few minor things on it and once i got it running good i took it to an open street to see what the cars got, well shifting from 1st to 2nd gear the rpm's almost dont move and stay where they are until the car gets more speed then they will fall. if anyone has any idea on what that may be...or if i need a higher performance clutch...?

I also just took off my cat and put a cat back exhaust on the car and it seems like i lost some HP instead of any gain..could this be not enough backpressure? any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!!

if there is a known signifigant exhaust setup for 93 - 94 GT's please let me know!!

Probenit94
03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
i have also bought a cat back system for my ford probe and i lost horsepower then gain. if u want some horsepower get a hi flow cat and put on the stock exuast it will help

GTjames
03-02-2005, 12:46 PM
hey u said when u shift from first to second the RPMS dont drop into gear it's like u still have the clutch in and are releasing it slowly, do u know if u have a stock clutch or a stage one because i have a friend with a MX6 with stage one and as u know it also has same engine as probe GT but his clutch when shifting from 1st to 2nd is like a slow fall like when u start from a stop i have ur clutch checked out it might be getting old because my probe GT with stock clutch kills him off the line

Bobert
03-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Can you weld?

I sure as hell cannot but I know someone who does and was able to do my exhaust for CHEAP by getting a Cherry Bomb glass pack and placing it where my CAT used to be on my 95 GT. Then using 2inch straight until the first 90 degree turn and then more 2inch straight right out under the passenger side. The side pipes look nice. I chose to take it out just before the wheel.

The V6 sounds nice. It is a little loud inside the cockpit. But nothing the stock radio or aftermarket cannot take care of. The whole thing cost about $120 bucks. You can get the pipe for no more than $3 bucks a foot and you will need about 5 feet and the muffler and elbows for about $35 maybe $45. Depends on your local parts store. Getting the labor done is wheat makes your final total. But its cheap and does not require alot of cosmetics to look good. Putting a tip on the end might look nice.

blindfoldedhope
03-07-2005, 08:42 AM
You need a new clutch the rpms are falling slowly because your clutch is slipping and not catching... test it this way go about 30 put it in to fourth gear and floor it if your rps skyrocket and your car doesent move its your clutch...

vonage003
03-14-2005, 07:30 PM
You need a new clutch the rpms are falling slowly because your clutch is slipping and not catching... test it this way go about 30 put it in to fourth gear and floor it if your rps skyrocket and your car doesent move its your clutch...

Re: Hey thanks alot guys the info really helped out! i have a stock clutch and yes it is worn to nuthing! and i have heard about glass packs and i was considering one but, i just got two tickets for having a modified exhaust and its "too loud" so i appreciate it alot! Also, i was looking into a performance module chip for extra HP..any suddgestions?

Add your comment to this topic!