Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where has the filter gone??

goldwinger
02-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I just purchased a 2005 Malibu Maxx LT. As I was rummaging around behind the glove box(as I always do) I noticed there was a flap on top of the blower housing. I thought, great, a cabin filter. Much to my dismay when I opened the flap there was no filter, I could see the blower, but no filter. So assuming it had been forgotten, I went to parts to get a new one. NO Part available, does not exist, not even for the 2004s. So I asked the parts guy why would they put the space there and not offer the part. His response, "I dunno, I am just the parts guy." Imagine my happiness after just spending $35,000,00 at this dealer and this is what I have to look forward to. :screwy: :screwy: So now I am wondering if maybe it was offered only in the US. Could some one tell me if the US models have one, and if they do could you give me a part number for it. Thanks!!

travis712
02-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Ask chevy directly. When my mom got her Malibu,(older model) she noticed the AC wasn't working all the time. She brought it back to the dealer, and within 30 minutes it was fixed. Now..you must have a warranty so you should be covered if there is a filter? Sorry I couldnt help more.

gapboi210
02-10-2005, 03:10 PM
You paid $35,000 for a Malibu ?!

travis712
02-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Its in canadian money..

gapboi210
02-10-2005, 08:43 PM
LOL Just making sure.

goldwinger
02-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Ask chevy directly. When my mom got her Malibu,(older model) she noticed the AC wasn't working all the time. She brought it back to the dealer, and within 30 minutes it was fixed. Now..you must have a warranty so you should be covered if there is a filter? Sorry I couldnt help more.

Ya, its an LT with all the toys, with taxes and all the other add on's thats what they cost up here, actually, that aint bad, the car listed for $35,500.00 before all the taxes and what not, I got it out the door for just under 33. Any news on the cabin filters?????

Add your comment to this topic!