Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

most horrible noise my car has ever made..

bunnyfufu
03-16-2002, 05:47 PM
i was driving my mustang today and i tried accelerating as fast as i could when the light turned green on the highway, which i do a lot... anyways, when i went to shift to second gear, i threw the stick into second and it made this awful grinding noise, and since i was flooring it, i revved up almost to redline before realizing what was happening.. i think maybe i didnt have the clutch all the way in at the moment i tried to put it in gear or something... so can anyone explain what this noise was and how bad it was for the car?

Pikachoo
06-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Sounds like you ground the gears a little bit(not having the clutch in all the way or releasing the clutch before the stick was all the way in second) It's not tooooo bad if it happens every now and then, but don't make it a habbit because it is pretty bad on the ole tranny.

bunnyfufu
06-05-2002, 09:21 PM
you're probably right, but i got it checked out a week ago because it was making a weird clanking noise since then... the mech said i blew my drive shaft and the clanking was the shaft banging against the transmission. they replaced the drive shaft and it's all better now :)

Jimbo_Jones
07-19-2002, 09:41 AM
the absolute worst noise that can come from any car... is not having any noise...

scary story... going down the highway... 100 kp/h engine just stops, no splutter no weez no coughing... just defening silence

Pikachoo
07-19-2002, 10:27 AM
Whaaaaaaat??? If you blew a drive shaft I don't think you can move anymore.:confused:

Add your comment to this topic!