Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bad exterior paint job

bballhog41
02-06-2005, 07:48 PM
I purchased a 2003 Cav LS Sport last June...today I was washing the car and noticed very small rust spots alllll over the finish of the car!! Looks like someone misted the whole body with rust-colored paint. I'm mystified (not to mention really ticked) as to how a not-even-2yr-old car can already be rusting! Especially when Chevy uses the "rust-fighting, 2-sided galvanized steel" body panels to market the car...excellent corrosion protection? psh. I think not! Has anyone heard of this happening on 2003 cavaliers before?? Help?! Many thanks in advance.

noshun
02-07-2005, 01:06 AM
I purchased a 2003 Cav LS Sport last June...today I was washing the car and noticed very small rust spots alllll over the finish of the car!! Looks like someone misted the whole body with rust-colored paint. I'm mystified (not to mention really ticked) as to how a not-even-2yr-old car can already be rusting! Especially when Chevy uses the "rust-fighting, 2-sided galvanized steel" body panels to market the car...excellent corrosion protection? psh. I think not! Has anyone heard of this happening on 2003 cavaliers before?? Help?! Many thanks in advance.

Are you sure it's not just sap from where it was parked under a tree?! Have you tried running a tar remover or scratch remover over it? If it was rust the paint would likey be bubbling, do you have this?

Add your comment to this topic!