I need some info and inspiration

WishIhadAnR34Vspec
02-05-2005, 06:58 PM
OK here's the deal. I recently purchased a '91 Accord Lx. There's no compression in the cylinders, which I don't care about because I want to replace the block anyway. My question goes out to anyone with working knowledge of these vehicles.

So far as I know this vehicle has the F22A1 block with the CB7_5 chassis. (4-dr). My question is, am I chained to the F22A1, or is there another block that will fit in this car? I'm looking to go with a 6 cyl JDM V-TEC if possible. Am I reaching too far here?

Beyond that, I am looking for a little inspiration on as to what my options are cosmetically. What are some good body kits for this year model? Any suggestions are welcome. Please give me some links if you can. Looking for, first and foremost the engine, but also: body kits (fenders, hood, frnt and rear bumpers, sideskirts), euro light kits, rims, seats, interior, etc. You name it, I'm most likely interested in hearing about it!

Thanks for any help you can give!

notyouraveragegirl
02-05-2005, 07:56 PM
So far as I know this vehicle has the F22A1 block with the CB7_5 chassis. (4-dr). My question is, am I chained to the F22A1, or is there another block that will fit in this car? I'm looking to go with a 6 cyl JDM V-TEC if possible. Am I reaching too far here?

Beyond that, I am looking for a little inspiration on as to what my options are cosmetically. What are some good body kits for this year model? Any suggestions are welcome. Please give me some links if you can. Looking for, first and foremost the engine, but also: body kits (fenders, hood, frnt and rear bumpers, sideskirts), euro light kits, rims, seats, interior, etc. You name it, I'm most likely interested in hearing about it!

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hello new guy... now i don't feel so new anymore!

Anyway - it's funny you should ask, because I'm looking to drop the motor from my husbands 98 3.0L V6 into my 93 4-dr DX -- just as soon as we find a 3.5RL motor for his car -- I haven't find anyone else who's done it yet (check out my thread) but that won't necessarily stop me

There are PLENTY of debates over the F22's potential, but i think its fair to say that if you're looking for performance, a new block is the way to go -- most often i've seen B16 and (B18?) swaps... ...but I like your 6cyl idea... ... cause i'm thinking along the same lines

~*~Cass

WishIhadAnR34Vspec
02-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey, thanks for your reply, and thanks for the welcome. It's nice to see a female enthusiest, and nicer to be welcomed by such an esteemed personage as yourself (being a female enthusiest that is). lol

I read your threads and left you some reply's. I also left you a book, or rather a long and detailed reply on how to solve your radio issue. Hope it helps, and hope to see you more on the boards.

notyouraveragegirl
02-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Honestly - Once I figure out the kit i want or headlight etc... i find it on eBay if I can't get it from a local connection cause i get the best deals... And if you're working with fiberglass... it doesn't matter if you buy from auction or if you buy direct -- you're still going to have to work with it and put just as much time and care either way --

WishIhadAnR34Vspec
02-06-2005, 02:58 AM
Honestly - Once I figure out the kit i want or headlight etc... i find it on eBay if I can't get it from a local connection cause i get the best deals... And if you're working with fiberglass... it doesn't matter if you buy from auction or if you buy direct -- you're still going to have to work with it and put just as much time and care either way --

Yeah, I follow the same basic rule, but with ebay you're kinda limited to whats available. I'm more looking for different suggestions on manufacturer's that I can take a look at and see what strikes my fancy. I'm not exactly sure what I wanna go with, and at the same time I don't know who makes kits for this car, which isn't really a big deal since I can just Yahoo/Google/Altavista search it, but I was more looking for suggestions on what other people thought might look good. And yeah, I know what you mean on the fiberglass issue there, thank god I'm not gonna try and slap a widebody on there...

notyouraveragegirl
02-06-2005, 02:31 PM
...please don't start me on the P I T A that is the wide-body kit...

Go checkout a site like bodykits.org if youre not too familiar with the car -- or, if you're into print media, go to barnes & noble or whatever and pick up some import mags to take home and browse through -- or just sit there and page through them -- there's plenty of ads and good references on the sort of thing

personally, i think the simpler styles like the R33 kits are the best match for this particular car - based on it's original early-90s squarish styling - but in the end all that's up to you

..and as for my eBay comment - there are kits and accessories for these cars EVERYWHERE!...

mydelsolrocks
02-16-2005, 02:27 PM
hehe, newbies are soo cute. :-D Anyhoo, ive a 93 acc 4door and i noticed that the kaminari kit looks very nice, it fits the car and just looks sext on the acc.
as for other mods, there are no "angel eyes" for our cars but projector headlights do exist. You can also get CF hoods or just custom hoods for the acc no prob. Your engine bay though prolly wont like holding a V-6 in there...ever hear of the H-22 its the prelude engine and its pretty nice. You could try a frankenstein...do your research, dont just ask me what it is. As far as engines go, the H is your best bet. You could try throwing either Del sol (sporty) seats in there or Acura (elegant comfy) leather seats in there. rims are a litle harder...i kinda liked the motegi ff7's but it all depends on what you are going for...the car is still boxy and its hard to find good looking rims.
Finally, dont just go asking other people what they want to see, its your car, do what you want to do. The whole customizing thing is so that your car is different from everyone else's. Anyhoo, this is just my opinion, i could be wrong. :-)

Add your comment to this topic!