Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Denali Exterior Mirrors

hrfuld
02-05-2005, 05:27 PM
The heater on my RH mirror is shot, and I was able to find an entire OEM mirror with working heater on E-bay for cheap. There's a very slight scuff on the housing of this mirror so I'd like to just swap out the glass, since the existing mirror is cosmetically perfect.

Does anybody have instructions on how to swap the glass? I notice there's a series of clips situated in circle on the back of the glass, but I just don't want to start yanking on it.

Also, if anyone needs a RH mirror (and you don't care about the defogger not working or the small scuff) let me know. The insert on front is gloss black, but you can paint it any color. It's in excellent condition.

Eggert
02-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Body and Accessories
Mirror Face Replacement
Removal Procedure
Caution: When working with any type of glass, wear approved safety glasses and gloves in order to reduce the chance of personal injury.
1. Starting from the side away from the vehicle insert your fingers as far as possible behind the mirror back toward the center of the back.
2. Pull the mirror face out of the housing.
3. Disconnect the 2 electrical connectors, if equipped with a heated feature.
4. Remove the mirror face from the mirror housing.
5. Inspect the adjuster mechanism for damage.

Body and Accessories
Installation Procedure
1. Inspect the components for any damage. Ensure that the mirror back and the glass sub-assembly have all the snap-fit hooks in place.
2. If the mirror has the heated feature, plug in the electrical connectors to the back of the mirror.
3. Align the mirror back snap-fit hooks with the adjuster mechanism.
4. Gently press the mirror back into the adjuster mechanism with the palm of the hand on the center of the glass until it locks into place.
5. Inspect the operation of the mirror.

Hope this helps. Take care, Eggert :bananasmi

hrfuld
02-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks! Seems easy enough. I'll give it a try.

Add your comment to this topic!