Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to tell If my car has remote keyless entry?

illegal_op
02-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I just bought a 1999 Ford Taurus SE sedan and I was wondering if it had keyless entry. They told me at the dealership that it might but the remote was not turned in with the car.
Someone told me that it was standard on the SE and if it is can I get one from http://www.keylessride.com/default.asp and program it myself?

hughw
02-05-2005, 06:47 PM
I don't know how to tell if it has the system, but I can tell you it ain't cheap....I bought a key and remote button....The key cost $25 PLUS
$65 PROGRAMMING FEE... They said the button was $38 but I wouldn't have to pay the programming fee because I was getting the key at the same time...so I'm assuming that if you bought only the button, you would have to pay the programming fee.

jrcappz2001
02-05-2005, 07:36 PM
How can i program keyless entry remote for a 99 Ford Taurus?

talonlover
02-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Cycle the ignition switch from "off" to "run" 6 times within 10 seconds..ending in run. All doors will lock and unlock to confirm that you have entered programming mode. Press any button on the transmitter, the door locks will cycle to confirm. urn ignition to "off" which the door locks will again cycle to confirm the end of programming mode. If you can't get the locks into programming mode after cycling the key 6 times, chances are you do not have keyless entry.

illegal_op
02-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Cycle the ignition switch from "off" to "run" 6 times within 10 seconds..ending in run. All doors will lock and unlock to confirm that you have entered programming mode. Press any button on the transmitter, the door locks will cycle to confirm. urn ignition to "off" which the door locks will again cycle to confirm the end of programming mode. If you can't get the locks into programming mode after cycling the key 6 times, chances are you do not have keyless entry.

I tried that and the locks cycled, so I will assume that I do have the module installed. I am going to order a remote from the site I listed above. Thanks for the info!

Add your comment to this topic!