Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help rought idle

spflick
02-04-2005, 10:18 PM
hey there everybody im have a 1998 chevy malibu and ihave the 4 cyl and i am having a problem with a rought idle and a ses light that just wont go away. the ses light it told the dealer that the catylitic is bad and that they want 700 for that. help please if you can. thanks shane

KillerKeller_jr
03-11-2005, 08:03 PM
hey there everybody im have a 1998 chevy malibu and ihave the 4 cyl and i am having a problem with a rought idle and a ses light that just wont go away. the ses light it told the dealer that the catylitic is bad and that they want 700 for that. help please if you can. thanks shane
If you haven't replaced it yet try going to a muffler shop, they will charge a lot less to replace your catylitic converter. Hundreds le$$!!!! I replaced one on my car for about $150, that was including the labor, with a lifetime garentee as long as I own the car. Try to go that route if I am not too late.

spflick
03-12-2005, 11:43 AM
i have replace the hole exhaust and that cost a 1000 at a muffler shop and that help the idle a little bit but did not slove it
shane

KillerKeller_jr
03-13-2005, 09:18 AM
i have replace the hole exhaust and that cost a 1000 at a muffler shop and that help the idle a little bit but did not slove it
shane
Man did you get ripped off, was it at least a brand name muffler shop? Got my grand am's entire exhaust replaced for about $350. Where did you go? I aways go to a locally owned shop, they are always less than Midas and places like that.

spflick
03-16-2005, 06:17 AM
i went to fair muffler thay haeve to use um oem parts because of the tight space lol yea i know i got riped. but it need done. well i think i might have found the problem and the is the ignition coil cover there is black stuff on there that cunducts electricity and that is costing a multimissfire and there for the computer can not pick it up for some reason. i will let you all know! im also going to replace the fuel filter

Add your comment to this topic!