Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Left turn signal

jrgreen06
02-04-2005, 07:16 PM
I have a 87 Crown Victoria and my left turn signal does not flash, however the right does. A continous light comes on when I signal. Would that be caused by a flasher or a bulb. I thought it might be a flasher because the front and rear do not work.

Jeffreytcole
02-04-2005, 07:20 PM
One of your bulbs is probably burned out (either the front or the rear) or at least the turn part of it. The flasher controls all "flashing" so if the right works then the flasher is good. Try changing your signal bulbs and that "should" fix the problem

jrgreen06
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I have a 87 Crown Victoria and my left turn signal does not flash, however the right does. A continous light comes on when I signal. Would that be caused by a flasher or a bulb. I thought it might be a flasher because the front and rear do not work.

Thanks, I'll give it a try on tomorrow.

Jeffreytcole
02-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, I thought that if your flasher worked on one side it would work on the other..... I was wrong. I thought I had a bulb out on my 85 cv and replaced it today so the right t/s would work and it doesn't. The left one works and the four ways all light up and flash just not the right t/s. If you figure it out please post Good luck

Mysanity
08-18-2005, 12:38 PM
jrgreen06,

your problem is the turn signal flasher inside the fuse box. I had the exact same problem as you. Replaced the 2$ signal flasher & all is well.

Add your comment to this topic!