Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Srt4 suspension on regular Neon

Blksrtwannabe
02-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I have a 2003 Dodge neon with gold line drop springs. I want to go lower but haven't really found anything in my price range, untill seeing the new NEX coilovers for the SRT-4. My question is will that fit a regular neon. I know technically they are different but if the only differnce is in the valving of the strut i don't care. I know the spring rates are different, but i just need to know if they will bolt up the same weay in my car as they will in an srt. I appreciate any help you can give me getting to a conclusion as to whether or not it will work. i've called the dealer, a shop selling the nex coilovers and even the company that makes them and i haven't gotten a straight answer.

Blksrtwannabe
02-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Someone has to know.... Or at least point me in a proper direction to find out. thanks

TEXSRT4
02-04-2005, 10:00 PM
they will work. infact when i setup any neon suspension, i run either the SRT4 struts with hotchkis springs and swaybars, or the mopar coilovers for the srt4. the srt4 suspension is better than the neon ones for several reasons. first it is stiffer, allowing better handling. it also has mounting places for a rear swaybar. the stockers dont. it is also valved more aggressivly so it rides better, not as sloppy. i have never used the nex coilover so i cant vouch for them. but you can run the tokiko adjustable struts for the srt4, and a set of hotchkis springs and swaybars. you add DCsport front and rear strutbars and you will have one of the best handling cars you will find. trust me!!!

TEXSRT4
02-04-2005, 10:01 PM
if your interested in a setup for cheap. pm me, i will see what i can do for you. i can probably even beat most internet prices!

Add your comment to this topic!