Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How can I get TOD codes?

wacle
02-04-2005, 10:49 AM
MY 4x4 only works in low on my 1999 trooper. How can I access the TOD codes?

Wacle

travelman
02-04-2005, 03:16 PM
If your check light isn't flashing on the TOD display you don't have any codes stored.

To check you really need a manual. You have to short one of the pins in the OBDII connector. I don't know which one and if you just go shorting pins you might end up chewing on an air bag. You then have to count check light flashes. From there you need the manual to know what the flashes mean and where to check next.

wacle
02-04-2005, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=travelman]If your check light isn't flashing on the TOD display you don't have any codes stored.

To check you really need a manual. You have to short one of the pins in the OBDII connector. I don't know which one and if you just go shorting pins you might end up chewing on an air bag. You then have to count check light flashes. From there you need the manual to know what the flashes mean and where to check next

Thanks for the info.....would a obd reader work?

travelman
02-05-2005, 09:14 AM
AFAIK an OBDII reader will not work. Then again maybe some mega-dollar dealer only one might. Kind of doubt it though given the count check light flashes on the dash result that is used to read the computer.

Add your comment to this topic!