Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

integra vs. sentra

rendertrust
02-03-2005, 11:01 PM
well ive got a 1990 n/a 300zx... but my sister just got an 05 1.8 liter sentra... that thing is funner to drive than the Z, well im just wondering whats the closest integra version that rivals a 1.8 05 sentra... both stock, oh by the way the CL is a highly underrated car i know because i raced my friends 97 3.0 cl in my Z and it beat me by half a car

acura junkies forget those over-rated tegs and get cl's !!! either that or become a nissan junkie, hondas are slowly costing a little more than theyre worth compared to others

CivicSpoon
02-03-2005, 11:26 PM
...hondas are slowly costing a little more than theyre worth compared to othersPure ignorance, but ignorance is bliss for some.

As for your question, performance wise all the integras have more power than the 1.8 sentra. 1.8 Sentra: 126hp, 129tq. LS, GS, RS Integra: 140hp, 127tq. GS-R Integra: 170hp, 126tq. Type R: 190hp, 130tq.
The Sentra also weighs around 700-900 lbs more than the Integras.

The reason people buy Integras (incase you didn't know) is because they are fairly cheap to buy and maintain. As well as they are easily modified, with the huge amount of aftermarket performance parts available on the market.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Nissans or anything. Everyone has their own preference on vehicles. But if you want to know something; then do it in a better way.

Juicy05
02-03-2005, 11:43 PM
http://www.darksidecrew.com/albums/album08/dsc_owned.jpg

rendertrust
02-04-2005, 12:11 AM
well a SPEC-V sentra is still behind a GS-R, not so good... and its a little slower than a rsx-s hmm well honda isnt one of the most selling cars for nothing theyve got some really good ideas ... one thing i really like about the tegs and not sure about this with other hondas but tegs have alot of extra room in the engine bay, good for on the spot modifications, my Z is cramped like a biatch

tran_nsx
02-04-2005, 10:10 AM
well a SPEC-V sentra is still behind a GS-R, not so good... and its a little slower than a rsx-s hmm well honda isnt one of the most selling cars for nothing theyve got some really good ideas ... one thing i really like about the tegs and not sure about this with other hondas but tegs have alot of extra room in the engine bay, good for on the spot modifications, my Z is cramped like a biatch

so why are u still owning a nissan then? hehe, j/p. i used to be a big fan of nissan, until i own my first honda, a 91 crx si. :icon16:

kornflakes28546
02-04-2005, 10:26 AM
the 3.0 CL's are quick, they have 6 cylinders + VTEC so it's pretty obvious that they're not slow. i raced my friends CL in my GSR and beat him by a full car length and i was shifting at a little less than 7k (GSR's redline at 8k - incase you didn't know) so im sure you made your original comment just because you didn't know anybetter.

knorwj
02-04-2005, 06:20 PM
maybe its just me but I take his comments to be positive to acura... well except the last one.

he states that he raced an UNDERRATED CL and IT beat HIM by a half a car, he then proceed to say to not buy an overrate dintegra and get a CL. which I suppose would be understandable if not for the price difference. But I think an integra would still be more fun to drive by far..

Anyway as far as hondas costing too much well I think that as domestic reliability is slowly creeping up on imports that maybe yes the prices are a bit high... I priced an 04 Accord awhile ago and it came to almost 30,000 :nono: . Anyway I think I'd much sooner buy a 25,000 '05 Stang GT before a 30,000 accord.

whtteg
02-04-2005, 07:41 PM
CL compared to an Integra?
I can give a little insight in this because I have a 02 TL-S which is basically the same as the CL-S except the TL is 4dr. As for speed I have no 1/4 mile slips for it, I have only had it for 5 months. But I can tell you that it is fun to drive and it feels like it is on par with my Integra, if not a little quicker. The damn car has so much TQ vs the Integra so it is hard to tell without raceing them. In a drag race My money would be on the CL if it is a Type S and the Integra is lightly modded, just boldons. :2cents:

As for the Sentra vs Integra topic, my money is on the Integra in any trim level (rs,ls,se,gsr or ITR). She must have a normal Sentra and they are not very impressive to me.

CBURKE
02-05-2005, 07:50 AM
well i wanna know if this Z is twin turbo or NA. i raced an NA at the track with my mitsu GS-T, and well i think i was done with the race haveing a drink by the time he mad it across the finish line. I also raced a turbo and o yeah :owned: him to. The only nissan i realy like is the skyline and s14, 300z if from Japan farlady Z they are very nice. Just my :2cents:

You can't realy knock us to much. Think about what Honda/Acura has done over the yr's. I mean import racing was kinda started here. The first FWD 7sec 1/4 mile (done by a Honda) so there not all that bad.

And tran_nsx lovin the bike man!!! I realy wanna Busa but $10,000 on a bike man thats hard for me get out the pocket.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/501/275359030_0312_customs_07_z-med.jpg

rendertrust
02-05-2005, 12:15 PM
mines a n/a 1990, its a really heavy car stock has about 220 hp but over the years im sure mines down to 180, they get high 15s stock, ive raced once against CL and a 97 v6 stang, beat the stang by a long shot ... well it doesnt make sense how any car company would make the lower end cars be faster than the high end cars ... teg vs cl... i guess in the higher end market would be maxima(265 hp) vs tl(270hp) ? that v-tec is hard to beat

CivicSpoon
02-05-2005, 01:38 PM
well it doesnt make sense how any car company would make the lower end cars be faster than the high end cars ... teg vs cl... i guess in the higher end market would be maxima(265 hp) vs tl(270hp) ? that v-tec is hard to beat
Well the Integra is actually a middle end car, the lower ends are the Civics and Accords. So it's really comparing middle end car vs high end car, so there shouldn't really be that much of a power difference.

Personally I think vtec is overrated myself. But I guess it depends on how you look at it. It does give a better advantage over top end (advantage might not be the best wording).

GRaPHiCDreaMZ
02-05-2005, 06:19 PM
CL compared to an Integra?
I can give a little insight in this because I have a 02 TL-S which is basically the same as the CL-S except the TL is 4dr. As for speed I have no 1/4 mile slips for it, I have only had it for 5 months. But I can tell you that it is fun to drive and it feels like it is on par with my Integra, if not a little quicker. The damn car has so much TQ vs the Integra so it is hard to tell without raceing them. In a drag race My money would be on the CL if it is a Type S and the Integra is lightly modded, just boldons. :2cents:

As for the Sentra vs Integra topic, my money is on the Integra in any trim level (rs,ls,se,gsr or ITR). She must have a normal Sentra and they are not very impressive to me.

i see u know the integra.. what would an integra 92 do with an h22a vtec ?
can it hold that?

pikkagtr
02-06-2005, 12:54 AM
i see u know the integra.. what would an integra 92 do with an h22a vtec ?
can it hold that?
you'd be in the 13s easy with decent tires
i know 3gens with k series swap running mid-high 13s STOCK so it's not that bad
and in the argument that integras aren't made to be faster than some of the "higher end" cars
i have personally NEVER loss to ANY of the "higher end" acuras
CL-S 6spd/ RSX-S 6spd/ TL-S/ AV6 / TSX/
never raced and RL though it would be close
S2k and NSX are the only too that i wouldn't be able to touch with a ten foot poll

kornflakes28546
02-06-2005, 08:29 AM
i was looking in a magazine (cant remember which one) and i was suprised that the RL's 1/4mi time was only 15.6 or 15.8 one of the two. acura's ability to get 300HP out of a V6 is incredible but that the must weigh a ton for it to run those kinda times. but the TL and the RL are still bad ass cars.

GRaPHiCDreaMZ
02-06-2005, 04:18 PM
someone said i would need custom work for the engine mounts because they arent the same.. its said the engine fits but does anyone know for sure what needs to be done?

Tano016
02-06-2005, 07:38 PM
RL'S Weigh 3600 lbs, very heavy

whtteg
02-07-2005, 10:16 PM
RL'S Weigh 3600 lbs, very heavy

Yes they are rather large cars too. I drove one when I bought the TL, was not interested in buying it just wanted to drive it. :biggrin:

Mannyb18b
02-08-2005, 03:00 PM
someone said i would need custom work for the engine mounts because they arent the same.. its said the engine fits but does anyone know for sure what needs to be done?

How much are you planning on spending for a swap?

95RSV
02-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I would pick a 94LS over a brand new Sentra Spec-V. Sentra's are just too porky.

Add your comment to this topic!