Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

probe problem... AGAIN!

a1waytrip
02-02-2005, 11:57 PM
hey, ok my probe is having 2 main problems (besides the Check engine light) it is hesitating when i accelerate through 1-3k rpm. i had this problem before, and reseting the timing/new plugs fixed it. but i just replaced the plugs, and still the same thing. my question is, can the timing go this quick? also, it is having this problem where while i am driving it will just all of a sudden drop to 0 rpm, again a problem i had before, that was the distributer, but i had the fuker replaced 2 times! anyway, sometimes it recover's from the drop, but other times it will stall. but, if i reset the ecu every 3 times i drive it, this usually prevents the problem. ok if some one could help that would be awesome
-tom

a1waytrip
02-03-2005, 10:03 PM
can some one help me out here? this problem is killing me, the reseting of the ecu doesn't always work. it is a weird stall, it's like everything just stops working. it seems electrical, because i don't think you can go from 4k rpm to 0 in like 1/4 of a second. and then jolt right back up to 4k. this is costing me alot of time and money. thanks
-tom

CwGrL88Chinny
02-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey, I haven't had this problem, but my bf did in his truck, it might be the same thing, I believe it was called the control modulator,not making this up. He'd be driving and his RPM's would suddenly drop, and his lights would go dim.

Add your comment to this topic!