Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

morette headlight kit for p10

jays-g20 '96
03-15-2002, 12:33 PM
Anyone know what the correct primera model will be compatible with my '96 g20?? I'd really like to get the four light kit out of the UK but unsure of the right kit... two light? self-levelling? 1.6 LX? estate?

thanks guys!

ps. just put enkei cdr9's and nitto 450's on and the ride looks great!! I'll have to disargree with the opinion that you HAVE to lower after rims...

Mike.Com
03-15-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by jays-g20 '96

ps. just put enkei cdr9's and nitto 450's on and the ride looks great!! I'll have to disargree with the opinion that you HAVE to lower after rims...

I agree. The G20 looks okay on nice rims not lowered.

CanadianG
03-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by jays-g20 '96
Anyone know what the correct primera model will be compatible with my '96 g20?? I'd really like to get the four light kit out of the UK but unsure of the right kit... two light? self-levelling? 1.6 LX? estate?

thanks guys!

I was there awhile ago. in britain its called an 'N' reg seeing that they dont go by years over there they go by the 1st letters on the liscence plate. Its not an estate=wagon, not a saloon=hatchback

I cant think of the name. I gottaa get back to you on that

jays-g20 '96
03-18-2002, 11:41 AM
NFS:
Self leveling is a feature fitted to some Primera's, it is a adjuster knob
in the car so the lights are adjusted from the driving position.

The only difference between the Primera head lights and the LX is the LX has
one bulb which is both head and dip, the Primera has a seperate dip bulb.
Just check one of the head lights, and if it has two bulbs then it needs the
Primera twin head light kit.

There is no difference in the look of the head light kits, it is only so we
supply the correct wiring loom.

----------------------------------------
So I assume that the north american model has the "single bulb" and these chaps from the u.k. are referring to high and lo beam when they say "head and dip"..... This is of course confusing since the "running lights" as we call them in the states are also in the headlight assembly... anyone have thoughts on this??

DAVIDEVANS007
03-19-2002, 08:02 AM
In the U.K the only model that has the quad headlight conversion available for it is the P10 model up to 1996, so you cant go wrong with what you order i myself have a 1997 P11 Primera and have been pestering companies such as morette for over two years trying to get a set developed and produced for my car, the differences being the inside sloping angle of the glass next to the bonnet / hood on the p10 is alot steeper than that of the p11 so the kits will not fit

if it looks like this picture your out of luck..... if not .....fill your boots!

DAVIDEVANS007
03-19-2002, 08:16 AM
the p11 model has two single filament lamps in the headlight which are both H1 the pre 1996 model ie the P10 has a H4 lamp ie has both filaments in the one bulb, there is also a small 5w side light in both the p10 version and the p11 which is just a capless push in bulb we call these sidelights... ie one turn of the switch..... dip is when the light shines on the road directly in front of the car and head/full beam is when the light shines into the distance....

hope this shines some light on the matter for you!!

jays-g20 '96
03-19-2002, 01:31 PM
davidevens007 - So your saying that the p10 (europe) has two bulbs(h1) for the beams (hi/lo) and also an additional 5w sidelight making a total of three bulbs in the assembly?? Except in the case of the 1.6lx p10 which has a total of two bulbs (one(h4) for hi/lo and one 5w)???

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

DAVIDEVANS007
03-20-2002, 03:20 AM
NO!!!!, i said the p11 post 1996 model primera such as the Si, SRi, GT has three bulbs in the headlight....

bulb 1 = single filament H1 55w (used for normal driving in the dark to light the road directly in front of the vehicle or low/dipped beam).....located on the outboard side of the headlight.....

bulb 2 = single filament H1 55w (used to light up the road say 100yds ahead or high/full beam).....located on the inboard side of the headlight.....

bulb 3 = single filament capless 5w (used as a parking light to stop other motorists from crashing into your car when parked down dark alley)..... located in between the two H1 bulbs
--------------------------------------------------------------
the p10 pre 1996 model primera such as the LX, SLX,SRi, eGT etc etc has two bulbs in the headlight....

bulb 1 = dual filament H4 55/60w (used for both close range lighting ie lo/dipped beam and distant lighting ie high/full beam....

bulb 2 = single filament capless 5w (same as p11 bulb)

better?

DAVIDEVANS007
03-20-2002, 03:27 AM
have a look at www.powerbulbs.com and go to the application guide .... there you will find nice pictures of what the bulbs look like for the european pre and post 1996 model primera's .... it even lets you look at american cars too

Add your comment to this topic!