Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

thinkin about new setup...

AndonD454
02-01-2005, 06:41 PM
haha so yeah.. i just got the CVR and coustic amp last week, and Im already thinking about my next setup.. this one was only temporary anyways to get some bass cause i couldnt take it any longer.

this sub gives me pretty good SPL.. shakes my car up enough for most people..

the problem is.. it doesnt shake it up enough for me lol. I am thinking about getting somethin that would about double the output that im getting now. so naturally, i thought about two of the new CVR 15s. for 500 watts these things are pretty impressive. BUT.. i might want a little more SQ from the next setup.

so then 2 SE 15s came to mind. these subs look great to me and will give me output liek 1 or 2 dbs from the 2 VRs but with awesome SQ.

anyways my point is.. i want something LOUD for my next setup. but i probably wont want to spend more than 700. anybody have any suggestions? trust me im not at ALL stuck on these two subs.. they were just mentioned for reference of price range and output. all i want is something crazy loud and something that sounds at least as good as the comp VR that i have now. (but most subs sound this good or better anyways so dont focus much on SQ)

also im just posting cause i was thinking about this.. I wont make the purchase til after summer prolly.

AndonD454
02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
also has anyone heard the 2500 series from DD?

bumpinstang77
02-01-2005, 07:38 PM
DD can sound good but is more geared for SPL then SQ..... If your lookin for SQL I would stick w/ adire, RE, sound splinter, stereo integrity, incriminator, ED, ect.............

AndonD454
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
well i was looking for more SPL than SQ.. but i guess the only reason for this is to maximize the amount of SPL i get for the money.. i dont want most of my money to go towards SQ thats why i was looking for SPL woofers that sounded reasonable.

bumpinstang77
02-01-2005, 07:47 PM
SX 15 would be nice.... stay away from adire and ascendant if you wanna be more on the spl side of things..... The thing with DD that I don't like is their subs don't have enourmous xmax (CLEAN output) But got TONS of suspension travel.

AndonD454
02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
well i was looking at that sub a while back.. and i like it.. but it seems to me that two SEs would be a lot louder. i know that winISD takes no room gain into consideration and all that.. but according to that the SEs would get liek 5 or 6 dbs louder. (and makes sense.. 2x cone area and only 2mm less excursion)

bumpinstang77
02-01-2005, 07:55 PM
4mm less...... and yes 2 se's would be louder but a lot more money...... fyi SX's are LOUD (louder then xxx's at ALL power levels...... came from dave himself don't u newbs try to argue it)....1.4db to be exact..... that's for the same enclosure and power..... That is referring to peak loudness not loudness over the full frequency band FYI. But if you can do 2 se 15's go for it...... I've done this setup a lot and it POUNDS and sounds pretty damn good too.

AndonD454
02-01-2005, 09:03 PM
thanks man.. anyone else have any opinions?

Add your comment to this topic!