Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86 Accord headlight assembly

autotheism
01-31-2005, 05:19 PM
I have an 86 Accord that had an unfortunate rendevous with a deer, resulting in a wounded hood and passenger side headlight assembly. I contacted my local Honda dealership to find out what parts I would need to replace the headlight assembly, but the person I spoke with just confused me.

I told him I needed the whole assembly, including the light, the cover, the housing/bracket and anything else that it might need (with the exception of the motor to make it flip up... I am content with it just staying up (I just want it to get me where I need to go... not interested in it being pretty too)). He quoted me a price of $152.15 for the "bracket/housing/everything". I asked if that really included everything, such as the light, the cover and the housing, or if it was just the housing. He said "yeah". :eek7: I also asked him for parts numbers for everything, but every website I've searched can't find a part matching the number he gave me for the "bracket/housing/everything" part (76101SE0A02ZZ).

I'm confused because I've found the "housing" part for $9.95 on several different websites. Now, I know parts are generally cheaper online than from the original manufacturer, but not that much cheaper.

I guess what I need to know is: can I get away with just the headlight, cover and housing bracket (all found here: http://www.autopartsbuy.com/cgi-bin/buy/browse-catalog.html?make=HONDA&model=ACCORD&year=1986&cat=10), or do I need anything else?

Add your comment to this topic!