2006 MazdaSpeed 6

sports5888
01-31-2005, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know what the cost of the the new Mazdaspeed 6 is going to be around??? That shit is sickkk....

sports5888
02-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I found the pricings....Its around $28,000 with all factory components and a 6 speed manual tranny. Fully loaded which includes a navigation system, automatic tranny, and leather interior and what not would go around $33,000.... Not Too Shabby!

porscheguy9999
02-25-2005, 11:26 PM
What I want to see is an Evo MR, STi, and Mazdaspeed6 go head to head. Will it have All-Wheel drive? If not, it had better be RWD. If I bought one to be a ricer, I wouldnt get the Navi, or the leather seats. Dont you find that when cornering hard in car with leather, that you slide around in the seat? But I hear that it will be FAST.

jyot soni
03-11-2005, 02:12 PM
What I want to see is an Evo MR, STi, and Mazdaspeed6 go head to head. Will it have All-Wheel drive? If not, it had better be RWD. If I bought one to be a ricer, I wouldnt get the Navi, or the leather seats. Dont you find that when cornering hard in car with leather, that you slide around in the seat? But I hear that it will be FAST.
that would not be the case because the 6 is more of a mature sports sedan{according to mazda} than evo or sti. those things are fast and more biased toward speed and sportness while mazda tries to bring the balance between sport and comfort which not a bad thing @ all.

92rs25th
03-24-2005, 06:58 PM
well figure a 275 hp 4 banger with low boost , sporty design and awd , it wouldn't have a problem going head to head with the other cats. the Evo mr and Sti only hold more HP.

NEZ
05-24-2005, 01:13 AM
I have a picture did were i was playing with the image of the MS6. I put an evo wing on it. It looks sweet! But anyway, I've been studying the ms6 for some time. Mazda is going to try to compete with the bwms and audi's. that is not gonna happen. Mazda is Mazda. They need to go on ahead and make a shot for the evo and sti. Mazda can do it. If that Volvo s60 R would have got smart about what they were doing to their car, they woould be more successful. They are trying to do the same thing that mazda is doing. They car looks dull and is overpriced. Does anybody else have any comments ?

beyondloadedSE
06-30-2005, 10:02 PM
well figure a 275 hp 4 banger with low boost , sporty design and awd , it wouldn't have a problem going head to head with the other cats. the Evo mr and Sti only hold more HP.

surprisingly, mazda claims to have only managed a 0-60 time of 6.2 seconds. :eek7: Must be a combination of the drivetrain losses and the extra 200 pds that it weights?? :confused: If thats true, an evo and sti will both will walk it easily with both do 0-60 in high 4 second range.

Kamilpl3
09-06-2005, 10:56 PM
surprisingly, mazda claims to have only managed a 0-60 time of 6.2 seconds. :eek7: Must be a combination of the drivetrain losses and the extra 200 pds that it weights?? :confused: If thats true, an evo and sti will both will walk it easily with both do 0-60 in high 4 second range.

Where did you get the information? Post the website if you can, so I can check it out for myself.

Thanks.

pik_d
12-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Where did you get the information? Post the website if you can, so I can check it out for myself.

Thanks.
both motor trend (http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_first_mazdaspeed6/index1.html) and car and driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=10398&page_number=2) give it an "estimated 6.2 seconds", which i would guess means that's what mazda told them.

i seriously dont see the mazdaspeed6 holding its own against an evo or a sti... especially considering that it's nearly 3600lbs...

i personally dont even thing the edged front end and the smooth, almost bubble rear end of the car even fit togeather. but that's just me...

92rs25th
12-22-2005, 04:59 PM

Unfortunately. I have owned my mazda 6 for a year now and am almost eady to trade it in for a speed 6. The one issue with the new mazda speed 6 is the awd system and the weight issue. the car weighs more than my 92' camaro with a v-8 =( A few mods here and there will easily put it in the 5 second range though for the 0-60.

mazdatekchubyninja
12-24-2005, 02:53 PM
The speed 6 was mazda answer to the subaru legacy gt 2.5 turbo. It feel faster then a stock wrx but not the sti. It pull hard 1st and 2nd gear but the power flatten out after 5500 rpm. I think they use too small of a turbo for better throttle response then for max power. Handling is no match againt the evo. Evo 9 was dyno 286 to the wheel stock, it was under rated. Evo 8 was claimed 271 but only dyno 225 to the wheels.

SuperStock96
01-04-2006, 10:32 PM
There's a good comparison between the MS6, Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec b, & the Audi A4 In this months R&T SPEED magazine. Just putting that out there for those who want toknow.

6Boost
02-24-2006, 08:25 PM
why are there so many haters on the speed6!

SuperStock96
02-26-2006, 08:28 AM
I don't think that many of these guys (sorry,... us)are haters but a little more disapointed. When we first hear the word "turbo" many think of the STI, EVO, Supra or 3000gt. Thats the kind of performance that jumps in my mind as soon as soon as I hear the 'T' word. Many carmakers use small turbos on their cars such as Saab and Audi (& other french companies) and go almost unnoticed.
I am just unhappy that they did it to the four cylinder 6. I hope that they follow up with a MS3. That kind of power and it weighs almost 400lbs less; what a blast that would be.
I don't know what I am talking about. I drive a 250hp maxima (fwd) and it is awesome. I bet all wheel drive at 274hp kicks ass.

SuperStock96
02-26-2006, 08:32 AM
If I bought one to be a ricer, I wouldnt get the Navi, or the leather seats. Dont you find that when cornering hard in car with leather, that you slide around in the seat? But I hear that it will be FAST.

Have you seen many porsches with cloth seats?

6Boost
02-26-2006, 01:57 PM
This is an all around car. Plain and simply. We drove all the other cars BEFORE we BOUGHT the speed 6. The evo is fast but had way too many problems, we knew a bunch of people who had them and were disappointed with them, not to mention the interior was generic plastic. The sti is fast but all you get is speed, come on most do not even have a radio! For the money you have to pay for one, you would think you would atleast get a radio. The speed 6 has the speed and the luxery and also a great price. You get more than your moneys worth. The leather seats are nicley done with details stiched in. The brushed silver is nice, not tacky. It is a luxery car without the luxery price. I can not wait to see the upgrades that Mazda will soon be putting out for it....All I can really say is that the mags. and the web do not do it justice, you really have to see one for yourself. After you see one and drive one THEN talk.

SuperStock96
02-27-2006, 10:38 PM
well, congratulations on the purchase. I am sure you are going to love it.

mazdatekchubyninja
04-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Evo 9 Mr Will Rule All. It's Under Rated. The Mazda 6 Speed Is Overweight And The Power Falls Off Around 5500rpm. 1st And 2nd Gear Pull Is Decient But Anything Else Sucks. Great Contender Againt Other Sport Sedans But Not Againt Sti Or Evo.

SuperStock96
04-08-2006, 10:38 AM
You're right in the aspect that it can beat a MS6 in a track challenge, but the cars are in two different classes.

ZmassacreTT
04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
yea i have had the mazdaspeed 6 since jan and i love it. had it since it 12 miles. i absolutely love it. the "haters" are right the turbo craps out after about 5750rpms and the evo and sti will beat it, but not by much. i ran a 14.5 and my friend in a sti ran a 14.2. i test drove a evo 9 and a sti. the mazda just had so much more to offer than the others. not to mention its safer with all the standard airbags. plus no gay ass airplane wing on that shit. so with some simple mods i could be in the 13s. mainly a good chip and that turbo will sing a lil more and it wont top out at 150mph. if i had to decide again id still get the speed6 over the sti and evo. oh yea ive already had the check engine light come on at like 6200 miles for a check valve but no biggy.

ZmassacreTT
04-17-2006, 02:37 PM
also take a look at this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2230297 . that engine has so much technology and efficency to it. soooo much potential. so all you haters...FUCK OFF. naw jus playin but i dont hear of the evo or the sti havin some of the shit this car does under the hood.

and some more info http://comp.autosite.com/2002autosuite/clients/Subaru/CompReport.asp?ReportType=comp . they got 2 things wrong for the mazda tho. the grand touring (which i have) has day time running lights and a multi function remote with a panic button. in addition to that it has keyless entry and keyless go. i never have to take my key out of my pocket. it's so awesome.

ZmassacreTT
04-17-2006, 03:44 PM
ok that second website doesnt work. go here http://comp.autosite.com/2002autosuite/clients/Subaru/SelectCompetitor.asp?AllOthersMake2=&AllOthersModel2=&AllOthersTrim2=&AllOtherCheck1=no&AllOtherCheck2=no&AS3_TrimUID=18302&AS3_NumVehicles=1&AS3_VehicleUID1=18302&AS3_Model=IMPREZA and put in the mazdaspeed 6 grand touring

maggieslut
02-16-2007, 01:43 AM
yea.. the sti and evo mr 9 both would edge out the ms6 stock. with a few mods a ms6 could compete with lesser tuned sti's/mr's. but with heavy tuning (which i plan on) i'll smoke both of 'em. the comparison of the three cars heavily tuned, in my opinion, the ms6 is far superior, with it's ride quality, craftsmanship, and APPEARANCE. not to mention, it'll will eat up m5's and s4's s6's. yum.

also... about the 16.3? 0-60... no. that can't be right. i had a friend clock me today, and i was hitting 16 while slidding off the launch. michigan is cold.

Raz_Kaz
07-19-2007, 11:12 PM
id rather get the mazdaspeed 3 for performance but i detest the looks.

the speed6 has a problem where the boost drops from 16psi to 6 because the TB closes. It's something mazda put in to protect it's engines therefore why you see that power loss.

The speed6 was never meant to compete with the evo or sti because they are completely different classes. The price difference alone can get you enough mods to make it a competitor to those cars, but bone stock...not a chance.

I was a huge fan of the speed6 but terribly dissappointed when I read the reviews and too one for a test drive. So instead I look forward to the turbo kits and SC kits coming out for the 6s.

MazdaX
07-24-2007, 03:54 AM
id rather get the mazdaspeed 3 for performance but i detest the looks.

the speed6 has a problem where the boost drops from 16psi to 6 because the TB closes. It's something mazda put in to protect it's engines therefore why you see that power loss.

The speed6 was never meant to compete with the evo or sti because they are completely different classes. The price difference alone can get you enough mods to make it a competitor to those cars, but bone stock...not a chance.

I was a huge fan of the speed6 but terribly dissappointed when I read the reviews and too one for a test drive. So instead I look forward to the turbo kits and SC kits coming out for the 6s.

Unlikely anyone will fabricate a fully functioning S/C kit for it , no clearance anywhere for it. The Turbo kits are a joke unless people plan on building internals..I mean 8 psi max with I/C is puny power for the large amount of money for something that won't even keep up with a stock GS-T eclipse. I think it's unfortunate that these turbo kits aren't including some internals like lower compression pistons , rods , rings , bearing and perhaps an additional aggressive cam package...if your going to force it , do it the right way.

I test drove the Mazda 3 before I drove the Mazda 6 and I felt like the Mazda 3 didn't handle as well and had a larger amount of body flex/roll under mild cornering. That and the fact I can do a U turn with the 6 on a 12' wide street and not in the 3 :/ a little discouraging but no tthe over all killer for the 3 it's the nasty looks IMO. I've had a pretty compact car too the original '3' 1993 MX-3 GS-SE ..best mazda to date :D and the 3 just ..failed but at least the 6 came through.

I was considering trading in my 04 6i as a half down for a MS6 but was as you say..very let down..by the overall performance of the vehicle. I think Mazda has the right idea with form and function just restric all it's abilities with these new emission laws and all that mumbo jumbo that really doesn't effect anyone just us tuners. The motor is already turbo so should handle a 50% increase in power with the right tuning , slap on a t3/t4 , FMIC , SAFC , HKS timmer and possibly a decent stand alone or new eeprom for fuel management and should be able to push 350 ish out of that motor without having to change all the internals maybe just a few externals here and there like wires , coils, plugs , fluids , clutch , etc.

Not much can compete with the EVO or STi from anyones Asian Imports right now your talking about a AWD turbo charged monster pushing 300 Hp and 0-60 in under 5 seconds..the mazda 6 on the other hand only 230 hp boosted , overweight awd system and a slush box transfer case puts it at sport family car at best. With a little gutting , restyling and performance building I think the MS6 could hang with them both.

Raz_Kaz
07-24-2007, 04:02 AM
There are 2 variants to a Turbo kit and 1 SC kit for the 6 in the final steps.

There have been numerous attempts to create some sort of "kit" for the 6 but the tuning has become a nightmare for everyone trying to get it done.

IMO, they should have suck with the 3.0L V6 platform and used it to make the MPS6 with a sequential twin turbo and an all time AWD system, unlike what they have now.

Densis
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
The speed 6 was Mazda Phoenix (http://www.nesea.org/greencarclub/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=888) answer to the subaru legacy gt 2.5 turbo. It feel faster then a stock wrx but not the sti. It pull hard 1st and 2nd gear but the power flatten out after 5500 rpm. I think they use too small of a turbo for better throttle response then for max power. Handling is no match againt the evo. Evo 9 was dyno 286 to the wheel stock, it was under rated. Evo 8 was claimed 271 but only dyno 225 to the wheels.

Avtor temi cheo spidoznii?

godsspeed
01-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Can you get the MS6 or MS3 with an automatic trans (possibly triptronic)??? ive price quoted and built my own on their website and the only tranny option was a 6spd manual. (i wouldnt mind having a manual, but the lady doesnt know how to drive a stick and i would like for her to be able to drive it as well and its one less thing for me to worry about drive (mostly city driving))

drdisque
01-18-2008, 08:48 PM
No, you cannot get any mazdaspeed vehicle with an automatic transmission.

Add your comment to this topic!