Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lift....

ryanszpara
01-31-2005, 09:46 AM
ok guys,

So i dont really have too much money, but i want to lift my 2002 silvy 4x4 maybe 2 or 3 inches. I plan on doing a simple body lift over a sus lift (cheaper). Now i know you can buy kits and do the body lift, but has anyone done this themselves??? I dont want to pay some hillbilly to lift my truck when i can do it myself.... Does anyone know of any Do it yourself sites or forums or pictures or have any advise???

Thanks so much

Ryan

jeverett
01-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Ewwwwww...body lift!
lol, just kiddin

I saw a 3" lift on e-bay that was torsion bar keys and a lift block for like $150...thats what I want.

TexasF355F1
01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Ewwwwww...body lift!
lol, just kiddin

I saw a 3" lift on e-bay that was torsion bar keys and a lift block for like $150...thats what I want.
All kidding aside, body lifts are horrible and make the trucks look ugly in my opinion as well. Honestly I'd say your money until you can do a suspension lift. Body lifts add lots of cab creaking, especially after they've been driven a little while. Not to mention all the body lift trucks, be it Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc end up looking like trash.

steve v
01-31-2005, 08:02 PM
agree with Texas on this one!

buttnekked
02-01-2005, 02:36 AM
body lifts also raise center of gravity for vehicle and cause major body roll in turns. Also radiator shroud and sometimes radiator as well as bumper and steering column mods are neccessary for body kit to function.
For small budget check into ford keys and add a leaves.

ryanszpara
02-01-2005, 08:32 AM
well....new insight......Maybe i should just save some money EH?

not to be a hassle, does anyone have any links to where i can find some T-keys and leaves???Maybe e-bay huh??

Thanks guys......i want to put bigger tires on my truck and want a beefy look , so i guess i should go for a sus lift....

Any sugestions? ( low on money)

Thanks so much

Ryan :banghead:

steve v
02-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Save, save, save!!!! Lifts are something you really shouldn't skimp on. Get a named brand lift that is backed by a warranty. I went with Fabtech. There lift is quite stout and very clean. You don't see a big straight metal bar up front, you get a nice arched bar with a cool skid plate under the diff. Check out there web and shop around.

steve v
02-01-2005, 09:04 AM
after looking at your profile, if you can afford all them toys a lift should be a snap! Perhaps sell one of them.

Add your comment to this topic!