Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

K20A2 Damage

RSX-S777
01-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Need a reason not to drive like a tool? :evillol:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/11556412.jpg

crazy_canuck
01-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Yuck. Looks like a bird's ass exploded.

paulkramer
01-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Ouch!! Nasty!! Hope that didn't belong to you!!

BTW, what kind of oil do you use in your RSX? I just changed mine over to Mobil 1 - 0W-20. Seems strange after using 5 0r 10W -30 all these years, even straight 30 while living in Florida, but that's what Mobil recommended. Hope it keeps mine from looking like that mess!!

RSX-S777
01-30-2005, 07:24 PM
I don't know about that. But not misshifting at redline will help keep your motor from looking like that mess.

sivic02
01-31-2005, 12:11 AM
ouch, seeing things like that makes me happy this moniter doesnt have color. Poor engine... you need to come live in my si.

crazy_canuck
01-31-2005, 07:11 AM
That engine has already been through enough, it doesn't need to be put in a Civic :p

jks

paulkramer
01-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Ha, ha Canuck!!

I had better be careful......I don't want to admit this, but I have downshifted into first when I thought I was catching third in this car!!......I just bought it two weeks ago and I haven't driven a stick shift in about 20 years!!

Luckily, I drive like I am 20 years older, so even downshifting two gears too low doesn't bring the revs up to redline!!

Unluckily, I got my first ticket last night :banghead: The cop told me they are patrolling and ticketing for speeds that used to be acceptable because there was a 200 car pile-up there a few weeks ago in the fog. There wasn't any fog when he stopped me!! I get to pay for those idiots that wouldn't slow down when they couldn't see the front end of their cars (during the day!!) Maybe he stopped me too because I am driving a sporty little Japanese car in the heart of the Bible-thumping Rustbelt.

I haven't been involved in an accident in......dang I can't remember how long it's been!! And I slow down for snow, ice, fog, crappy roads. I'm pissed!!

crazy_canuck
01-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I know how it feels, I went up north into a town where the ratio of cops to normal people is 3:1, and the friggin fuzz tailed me for 5 blocks, I specifically made weird a really large circle to ditch him, and he slaps me for a ticket because at a stoplight I "nearly clipped a person". The thing is the cp was behind me so he couldn't see, and it was at 2 km/h and the whole time I saw the back of his bumper! Then I couldn't find my certificate so he says quote: "*wink wink* i'll just charge you for no certificate". He was just looking to meet his damn quota.

I've a great respect for cops, absolutely NO respect of highway cops. They had roadblocks and checked every car for Canada's largest import show, and at a ERASE 1/8 mile race at a race track 2 hrs away from Toronto, the inspected everyone. Not to mention I almost got pulled over a freaking FUNERAL!!! And I have a legal tint and a grill as my exterior mods. Retarded.

RSX-S777
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Good ole' boy cops don't much care for them there zippy little FOREIGN otto-MO-beels. Are you givin me the eye BOY?! You just earned yerself another VEE-hicular violation! I had a cop come flying up next to me this summer on Main St. and just ride there, dead even. He kept looking over at me...and I kept looking over at him with a "yes, officer?" expression. After about a quarter mile or so, I guess he figured I was intimidated enough and blew past. I guess I learned my lesson....???

Add your comment to this topic!