Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 Dodge ram Crew

Ruben5.7
01-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I just installed dual Exhaust with Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 series Mufflers and I am wanting to know how to quiet the interior noise in the cab? It is pretty loud in the cab and I want it to be out side and not in my ear? this is a true Cat Back System. The truck seems to be so much more responsive I just like it to sound like it has a hemi and not as quiet as a cadillac. I think the next step is the hypertech power programmer III. I would like to have the speed limiter turned off and the extra speed available and not be governed by the 110 speed limiter OEM......
Because who likes a little 4 banger to pass ya because you get to your ceiling.....

BleedDodge
01-29-2005, 10:06 PM
That's how people get killed. You don't need to go faster than 110 unless you're dragging the truck at a strip. Speeding is unwise.

You probably should have just left the exhaust alone. These trucks have a fairly present exhaust note from the outside anyways. The 50 series delta-flows are quieter than the regular 50 series, unless that's what you have on there already.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com

Ruben5.7
01-30-2005, 06:44 PM
I just installed dual Exhaust with Flowmaster 50 series Mufflers and I am wanting to know how to quiet the interior noise in the cab? It is pretty loud in the cab and I want it to be out side and not in my ear? this is a true cat Back System. The truck seems to be so much more responsive I just like it to sound like it has a hemi and not as quiet as a cadillac. I think the next step is the hypertech power programmer III. I would like to have the speed limiter turned off and the extra speed available and not be governed by the 110 speed limiter OEM......
Because who likes a little 4 banger to pass ya because you get to your ceiling.....
ya I think your right about the 110Mph. But then it seems like this truck is the best looking and has the best performance for the buck. I pull a 25' Travel Trailer and the extra 25 horses for pulling is nice. I'm taking it in on Monday and maybe going to the 40 series Flowmasters. They told me they're a little quieter? I don't know but the OEM system was just to quiet. I should have just taken off the resinator at the end of the OEM system. This truck is a performer and I don't say that lightly. Here in Western Wash there are allot of Civic, Accord, Acura, rice racers and the Hemi decal just makes them stupid. Probably pretty jealous.......

Ruben5.7
01-31-2005, 06:37 PM
well went to the muffler shop today and they want to charge another 300 to put on the 70 series Flows. I called another buddy and he recommends the Magnaflows. So I think I'll wait a while to get this done. Thanks you guys for all the info....Wish I would have done some research before I did the exhaust

BleedDodge
02-01-2005, 12:47 AM
LOL. The 40 series are the loudest Flowmasters. That would be a step in the wrong direction.

I bet that exhaust shop still has your original exhaust system in the scrap pile outside. Maybe you can buy it back off them. I'm serious.

I'm not a Dynomax salesman but I do believe they make quality mufflers and systems...

CrucialConcepts
02-16-2005, 12:25 PM
So whats the deal did you get the Pipes or Not?

Add your comment to this topic!