Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

can't make OEM POWER MIRRORS work

SILVERADOJOE
01-29-2005, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the mirrors fold in and out on the Heated/Signal/Puddle/Power/Mirrors work? I have a 2003 Silverado Ext. Cab LS and I swap the Heated/Power Adjusted Mirrors for these, they plugged right in and everything works except the folding of the mirrors which is controlled with the mirror adjustment switches. I have called several dealers in the area about this and they have all basiclly said to bring it in and we will figure it out (which my wallet can't afford right now) so if anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and God bless!!!!!!!! Joe :banghead:

White Lightening
01-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the mirrors fold in and out on the Heated/Signal/Puddle/Power/Mirrors work? I have a 2003 Silverado Ext. Cab LS and I swap the Heated/Power Adjusted Mirrors for these, they plugged right in and everything works except the folding of the mirrors which is controlled with the mirror adjustment switches. I have called several dealers in the area about this and they have all basiclly said to bring it in and we will figure it out (which my wallet can't afford right now) so if anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and God bless!!!!!!!! Joe :banghead:

Greetings Silveradojoe,

I don't know if you are asking an operational question or a mechanical question. From an operational standpoint - to make the mirrors fold - you MUST have the switch that controls left mirror or right mirror set in the center (not left, not right). Then - by pushing the directional controls - that powers the mirrors in or out (as a pair). Also you should know - to adjust the "Puddle mirror" function - the function that when you place the vehicle in reverse - the mirrors move - to adjust them - when in reverse - adjust each mirror to your liking. It will move to those points each time when you shift into reverse in the future (with that driver key). Using driver Key 2 will do a different setting that must be adjusted to that driver's liking.

White Lightening

SILVERADOJOE
01-30-2005, 12:12 AM
I've tried the operational standpoint already and no sucess, I think it may be a programming problem (it needs to be reconized by the trucks CPU unit) and so there lies the problem of how to do that? also thank you white lightening for the useful info. :biggrin:

Silveradojoe

White Lightening
01-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I've tried the operational standpoint already and no sucess, I think it may be a programming problem (it needs to be reconized by the trucks CPU unit) and so there lies the problem of how to do that? also thank you white lightening for the useful info. :biggrin:
Silveradojoe

SilveradoJoe,

Did you engage the mirrors in the D.I.C.? I know as an exampel that the default is NOT to have the mirrors puddle shift etc.. Mine will obviously do the directional, and will automatically do the night tint in the driver's side mirror - but I had to set the DIC to control the other options. Just a thought.

White Lightening

Add your comment to this topic!