Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Bulbs

Sergio99
01-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Hello all,

Quick Easy Question, but my father is a worry freak, but i understand, he doesn't wanna mess up his lights because he drives in the dark alot.

But my question is, we are change the lights to some newer ones, and after we remove the 8 clips and take off the panel, the owners book says remove the last 2 clips and the lights will come off, then you change the bulb.

The thing is, the 2 clips are held in place by these 2 gold head stars on top of the clips, do you remove them and the lights come off? or is there another way.?

mikewohlford
01-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Well, lets start from the beginning. Each light fixture has two black clips, that when pulled up using pliers or your fingers, should allow the headlamps to slide out forward. After they are out, it is easy to change the bulb. Putting the fixtures back into position is really difficult. There are 3 brackets that must slide into their own slot. The two gold star screws and a black slide. You might need a flashlight to see the slots. The slides MUST be in the slots for the lights to adjust later. After you are certain that all three slides are in place, then you might have to re-calibrate your headlights to the correct position, or they will look like cross-eyes in the dark and fog. Hopefully this helps. Good luck.

Mike

Add your comment to this topic!