Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What bolts or parts to install a Sparco Torrino seat????

MD99SiR
03-14-2002, 09:42 AM
I just ordered a Torrino racing seat for my Civ and was wondering of the people that have the Sparco seat what additional parts did you have to buy to install the seat? Or did everything you need come with the seat? I got the seat, Main center black, outside parts red. And the slider and bracket or rails. The guy I ordered it from said I'd need bolts to bolt it together that I could get from Lowe's. has anyone else had to buy extra bolts or did it all come together? If you had to buy bolts what size if you remember. Thanx

00'Civic SR
03-14-2002, 10:40 AM
The subframe and slides do NOT come with bolts. I can't remember exactly how many you will need but I would guess approx 12 bolts per seat. First you bolt the slides to your subframe and then bolt this to your seat.

You can use the 4 original bolts that hold the seat to the car floor again. It's not that hard.

Good choice on the Sparco seats ;)

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/326659insidecar.jpg

MD99SiR
03-14-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 00'Civic SR
The subframe and slides do NOT come with bolts. I can't remember exactly how many you will need but I would guess approx 12 bolts per seat. First you bolt the slides to your subframe and then bolt this to your seat.

You can use the 4 original bolts that hold the seat to the car floor again. It's not that hard.

Do you know what size bolts fit in there or how did you figure out which bolts to buy?How long did the install take you? Any advice on the install? What was the hardest part of the install? Thanx

00'Civic SR
03-14-2002, 11:03 AM
I'm in work now but when I get home I'll check the bolt size. I still have some left over. Install took a couple of hours for the 2 seats on my own. The subframe comes in three parts. The main frame and 2 brackets. You have to bolt the brackets to the frame. A good tip is not to tighten these until the frame is bolted to the car floor. It will be a lot easier (I found this out after installing the first seat).

When you are taking the seat belt of the seat, make sure you remember the order the washers are in as you won't be using the OEM bolt. There is a place on the side of the torino seat with two bolts (these are behind a plastic cover). One of these can be used for the seat belt.

Nothing really hard about it. If you have more questions feel free to ask away :cool:

j.fuggi
03-14-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 00'Civic SR

i plan on getting torino's also. do they actually make a white? or are yours the gray/black? because the pic looks like the sides are white. or is it just custom? also, should i buy the rails for my car or does that come with the seat/ not needed? thanks

00'Civic SR
03-15-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by j.fuggi
i plan on getting torino's also. do they actually make a white? or are yours the gray/black? because the pic looks like the sides are white. or is it just custom? also, should i buy the rails for my car or does that come with the seat/ not needed? thanks

They picture above was scanned so it didn't come out too good. They are actually the grey/black seats. The subframe will not fit directly to the seat without the slides or seat base tilt.

civic_tko
08-05-2003, 02:43 PM
I actually bought a pair of the Sparco Sprints in red, but that is beside the point. My question is about bolting my sliders to my brackets. The holes don't seem to line up correctly, although I'm not 100% sure I'm doing this right. Could you quickly guide me through that part of the install? Thanks.

esp
08-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by civic_tko
I actually bought a pair of the Sparco Sprints in red, but that is beside the point. My question is about bolting my sliders to my brackets. The holes don't seem to line up correctly, although I'm not 100% sure I'm doing this right. Could you quickly guide me through that part of the install? Thanks.

um yea this thread was a year and 5 months old please dont bring up super old threads or face the wrath of the mods

Add your comment to this topic!