Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Exhaust Flex Pipe

GMW72
01-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi all!

I have a 1994 Passport 3.2 v6 with 65000 miles. I just had it in for an oil change and to see why it was running a little louder than normal and my mechanic told me it needs an exhaust flex pipe. He said he didn't do that type of repair and didn't know how much it costs. My question is does anyone know how much it might cost?

Thanks in advance!
GMW72

amigo-2k
01-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm sure for under 100 bucks you can take it to just about any muffler shop, and then will cut out the old and weld in a universal new.

-Ryan

USMC1342
01-29-2005, 08:55 AM
I did this exact repair to a 95 Rodeo last March......any parts place is going to tell you that you have to buy the 3 piece assembly, which includes the flex pipe and the 2 connecting pipes to the manifolds. I suggest going to a lesser-known supplier of import parts. I went to a place called M&C Imports here in PA and not only did they have it, they STOCKED it and it wasn't the damned 3 piece assembly that the dealer wanted to gouge me for(to the tune of $500 for the parts alone.....god forbid I wanted them to do it too!!) Other than my time spent spraying WD-40 all over bolts (which I had to replace anyways-nominal cost), I only sank about $175 into it, and it was a slightly larger pipe than my old one. My GF said she never noticed it having as much power as it did after the repair, so I've wondered since then, if by putting it on, I didn't increase HP or something. Who knows???? But anyways.......major parts places will try to push the 3 piece on you......and THEN they'll tell you you HAVE TO go to the dealership to get one!!

steveb_92rodeo
01-29-2005, 09:31 AM
I agree with Amigo...

Take it to a shop who specializes in exhaust repair...

Torch...cut...place, and weld. Done.

Probably less than a hundred dollars. It's generally all they do.

Steve

Add your comment to this topic!