Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replacing Fuel Pump in 1990 Corsica.

William M
01-28-2005, 08:28 PM
I searched the forums I didn't see anything pertaining to the 1990 fuelpump.. So sorry if I may have overlooked it.

But, My grandfathers Corsica requirs a replacement fuelpump and fuelfilters, Someone was supposed to do it for him but they have left town and he needs the car running, so I was contemplating doing it myself.

However, I've never worked on a vehicle before, So I don't really know what I'm doing.

I spent atleast an hour searching for an how to on google but came up with nothing, So..

Can anyone help me? Diagram, Written guide, website, anything?

I figure it requires dropping the gastank out of the vehicle, but beyond that I'm really clueless.

....as for why not taking it to a shop, Can't afford it :-\

Thankyou.

planedude
01-30-2005, 07:42 PM
To drop the tank, take off the filler tube and the vent line next to it. Then put a jack under the tank(less fuel the better) Take off the two straps. Slowly lower the tank down to access the connections. This is where the fun begins, Try to get the fuel lines off without cracking them. When you get it on the floor you need to take a hammer and a screwdriver and tap the retainer counterclockwise till it releases.(you may have to clean it up a bit). Then remove the whole thing. The pump is pretty simple to replace from here. Then back together it goes.....

William M
01-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Appriciate the post.

But apparently someone else did it for them, Went over there today to do it and found out it was already done.

Oh well, Least I get credit for trying to be nice.

Thanks for the info, Surely will come in handy in the futur [ theres always something wrong with the car ]

Add your comment to this topic!