Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

San Diego Car shop question

Rascus
03-13-2002, 11:09 PM
Wuz up all??? First i'm new to this forum. Secondly i just moved back to San Diego after living in Hawaii for the past couple of years. Well to ship my car from Hawaii to San diego i had to raise my car back up. So i'm looking for a good reputable place to drop my ride back down and put a camber kit on. So if anyone could recommend a good shop for me i'd appreciate it. I had one guy tell me of "Epic motor sports" but i forgot to ask him where it's located at. Any info would be great.

Laterzzz

Dave

p.s. If you see a newer green accord with Hawaii plates on it (i'm pretty sure that's rare down here) that's me...give me a hollar

SpoilerV2
03-14-2002, 12:24 AM
WELCOME BACK to SD...:D

EPIC is a great place. but they move around alot last time I heard they moved near the college area. Ask HybridDC2

secondly if u have base access i would do it there.. or u can rent a spring compressor for like 50 bucks ( u get ur money back) and do it for free. (all u really need are a few basic tools and a torque wrench)

Best place that i know that will install camber kit and does alignment would be Suspension Plus on Miramar (Epic will drop, but hey dont' do alignments). It's like 60-80 bucks for install of front camber and 50 bucks (plus what ever the shims cost) for alignment. They will let u look at ur camber on the comp before they do adjustments.

hybridDC2
03-14-2002, 02:17 AM
dropping it would be eeeeasy, i've never put in any type of camber kit so i cant tell you how hard it would be to do it yourself. if you absolutely prefer to take it to a shop be prepared to spend a bit of money since the average labor rate is 65 bucks an hour, and most shops take their dear sweet time.

Kaneto
03-14-2002, 03:42 PM
Camber kits are fairly easy, if they fit right. Really the suspension is pretty easy to work on. You just have to have to right tools.

If you do drop it and install a camber kit, you'll want to have the alignment done by pros. They have the equipment to measure and adjust your camber properly.

Rascus
03-14-2002, 06:25 PM
I have base access but i don't have the knowledge to do it. I heard the 99 and up accord are real hard to install. I REALLY need a camber kit cause i went through three sets of tires in a year without it..just tore the inside up. I just bought new Falkens before i left hawaii and i'd like to keep them for awhile....espically since i love 'em.

Thanks for the info Spoiler. I PM that HybridDC2 on info to Epic. I'm hoping it doesn't cost more then 200 dollars for it.

Anyways, thanks for the info...see you all cruizin

Laterzzz

Add your comment to this topic!