Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ok This Sux Help Now Plz

ID_racer
01-27-2005, 07:51 PM
rgggg! as some may no im not no pro like most u ppl here that play intial d but im getting real good. K, KT on irohazaka(is that right?) just beat me....................BY 2 METERS IN THE END BECAUSE HE SHIFTED HIS FD JUST A LIL BETER THAN I DID MINE!! does ne1 know how frustrating that is??!!??!!??!! right at the end! neways...... first off...when to shift an rx7 type-r fd35. and whas this take off trick ive heard of and how do i do it cause i NEVER win on the take off. even against a levin :( and maybe some general advice. i can corner ok but sometimes i can over countersteer and hit a wall.................and then there are the time when i just BIFF a corner^^;...............so to all i ask....HELP PLZ

oh and how the heck can you take a turn at 120? i always end up slowing down to like 102 in a really good turn?

Aerowitz
01-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Well, against the computer you don't have much of a chance at beating them on the take-off.

You should be doing time attack runs on Irohazaka a lot before taking on K.T. there. Remember to use as many jumps as possible to stay ahead, and gutter drop on the last few corners before the bridges.

I would also suggest using left foot braking on that course with the FD3S. It helped me out a lot in getting a boost out of corners.

As for shift points, Irohazaka is tricky as hell. The target gear is 4th on that course with an FD3S. You should brake and downshift to 3rd just as you turn into the corner, and upshift as soon as it hits redline when you exit the corner (it'll hit redline pretty fast). The only time you should shift to 5th is on the few long straights (I think there are two of them) and on the home stretch.

NEVER shift below 3rd, even after using a jump. The car will just over-rev and you'll lose more speed.

With these techniques, I can beat K.T. without him in my rearview at the end. Hope that all helped! :)

ID_racer
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM
ok thanks i just needed some practice and i figured out how to take off better thanks anyways

Tony
02-14-2005, 05:04 AM
Also on the take offs, i don't know for sure if the FD is like the FC, but shift before you hit redline on the first couple gears. I havent played awhile since the nearest arcade with it is 1 1/2 hrs away now. I do have an FD but im not as familiar with it as I am my FC.

Aerowitz
02-14-2005, 08:40 AM
The FC is a little slower to rev and is easier to drift than the FD. Not much of a difference, but the FC will have a much easier time on Irohazaka than the FD could ever dream of.

Yeah, sometimes short-shifting works to aid in the take off. Don't even try doing it in higher gears, though. You'll get dropped faster than you can say "owned". :)

Add your comment to this topic!