Page updated on 03-17-2018

95 Dodge Ram 5.2L Dies when hot

01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi I'm looking for help with this problem. The truck runs great for about an hour then just dies when I try and restart the truck just keeps stalling but the next day the truck will do the same thing just die after an hour. I did the key test and it flashes 55 unless I have the wrong code that means everthings good. Please let me know what I can do to try and fix this problem. 5.2L engine 4x4 with auto trans with 93000 miles

01-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Had the same problem. Take the air cleaner off & check to see if the throttle body butterfly valve is dirty. Just get some throttle body cleaner spray & clean it really good. Also check the aircleaner mounting gasket to see if it's ok. Mine was broken and allowed dirt to be sucked into the throttle body. When you spray the butterfly valve, make sure to clean the underside of the valve as well.

01-29-2005, 02:30 AM
Hi Thanks for the reply I tried that today and that didn't help I was told to try and replace the cam and crank sensor but I think that might be a waste of money please let me know if anybody can help

Add your comment to this topic!