Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trouble codes for all Intrepids 1993-2004

theFREAKnasty82
01-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I've created this thread to help out those who have a Dodge Intrepid or any Daimler-Chrysler vehicle that was built from 1996-present. If you have a check engine light and need to know what the code is, visit this website to give you the answer(s) to your code issues. The website is:
http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troubleshooting/l/bl_obd_main.htm.

If you have a 1993-1995 Intrepid and you have a check engine light, you can find out what the codes are by following this process:
1. Turn the ignition key on/off 3xs ending in the ON position
2. Watch the "CHECK ENGINE" light and see if it flashes.
3. If it flashes twice then pauses and flashes again another 4xs, that's a code 24, for example. You have put the computer in diagnostic mode and it will now display any codes that have been stored in memory. Here is a list of all codes that can be displayed and what they mean:

12- Problem with stand-by memory circuit. Direct battery input to controller disconnected within the last 50 ignition key-ons.
13- Indicates a problem with the MAP sensor pneumatic system.
14- MAP sensor voltage too low or too high.
15- A problem with the vehicle speed sensor signal. No speed sensor signal detected during driving conditions.
16- Loss of battery voltage
17- Engine coolant temperature indicating engine temperature cold too long.
21- Oxygen sensor voltage not fluctuating.
22- Coolant sensor voltage too high or too low.
23- Throttle body temp sensor below acceptable parameters.
24- Throttle position sensor voltage too high or too low.
25- Automatic Idle Speed motor detects a shorted condition in one or more circuits
26- Peak Injector current has not been reached.
27- One of the injector control circuit output drivers does not respond properly to the control signal.
31- Problem with the canister purge solenoid circuit
32- An open or shorted condition detected in the EGR transducer circuit.
33- Air conditioning clutch relay circuit open or shorted.
34- Open or shorted condition found in the speed control vacuum or vent solenoid circuit.
35- Radiator fan relay circuit open or shorted.
36- Problem with the air switching solenoid circuit.
37- Open or shorted condition detected in the torque converter unlock solenoid circuit.
41- Problem with charging system. Voltage below 11.75.
42- ASD (Automatic ShutDown) relay control open or shorted.
43- Engine misfire in one or more cylinders.
44- Ambient/Battery Temperature too high or too low.
45- Transmission temp sensor not indicating warm condition.
46- Charging system voltage too high.
47- Charging system voltage too low.
51- Oxygen sensor signal indicates a lean condition.
52- Oxygen sensor signal indicates a rich condition.
53- Internal PCM failure.
54- No cam signal to PCM.
55- End of code message.
62- Unsuccessful attempt to update EMR mileage in the controller EEPROM.
63- PCM failure. EEPROM write denied.

These are all the codes for most 1993-1995 and a few 96 and 97 Intrepids. If you need any others if I missed them, please let me know.

theFREAKnasty82
01-27-2005, 11:01 PM
My apologies to all, it was brought to my attention that I did miss a few here are the ones that I missed:

11 - No crank reference signal detected during engine cranking. Check the circuit between the crankshaft position sensor and the PCM.

64 - The Flexible Fuel sensor voltage is low. Methanol concentration sensor input below the maximum acceptable voltage requirements.

65 - An open or shorted condition detected in the Manifold Tuning Valve (MTV) solenoid circiut.

66 - PCM is not receiving CCD Bus signals.

77 - Speed Control Power relay circuit is open or shorted.

I hope everyone can benefit from this thread and remembers to refer to it next time you have a check engine light come on.

jacuzzo
12-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Freak maybe, but not too nasty, this is a great resource. Thank you.

Leonard

Maddiegirl2005
02-09-2006, 09:56 PM
FYI for everyone....I have a 2004 Intripid and have been having problems with the check ingine light. It has come on three times....the third time stayed on for about a week before going off. Came on again two days ago and I have yet to take it to the shop. Came to this site...being a girl and all and fear of getting screwed when I take it to the shop and found this message about codes.

I figured I would try the method listed above for the 1993-1995 models and it worked. I turned the key on and off as it says above three times and listed on my odometer it gave me the code P0441....now ofcourse I have no clue what "evaporated emission control system incorrect purge flow" means, however I do feel better about the fact that I can make some calls give that information to a shop and see what I can find out.

Thanks!:grinyes:

AWP9521
02-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Even though this is an old thread, it is a useful resource for all Diamler Chrysler Vehicles as well as other makes and models regarding the OBD-II codes. If a Moderator could make this thread sticky it would be a great help for owners troubleshooting their vehicles.

wafrederick
02-12-2006, 05:58 PM
THe 601 code is 1998 and up only with a 2.7 only.The only fix is to replace the computer and there is no other fixes.I have seen this code before

nxk2000
12-14-2006, 10:15 PM
what is code 77? speed control power relay. whats it mean?

Add your comment to this topic!