Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01 SIERRA 4X4 / COLD START ENG KNOCK & HORN MALFUNCTION

PST1572
01-26-2005, 10:39 PM
I Own A 2001 Gmc Sierra W/42,000 MILES. Engine Is 6.0l Vortec ( And I Must Say I Love The Power And Response Of This Motor ). The Only Thing I've Noticed Is That In The Cold Weather Starting There's Always A Brief Engine Knock,is This Normal ? My Second ? Is That Since I've Bought This Trk I Have Had A Problem W/the Horn Going Off Whenever It Wants. I've Had It At The Dealer Twice W/o Justification As Too Why. The First Time They Replaced The Whole Horn Pad Assembly.the Second Time They Stated They Could Find Nothing Wrong. Their Answer At This Point Was Remove The Fuse. My Response Was Unexceptable For A Brand New Trk,not To Mention The Fact That Removing The Fuse Will Also Disable The Airbag. Any Suggestions, Thanks !!

Snownut
02-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Well, my 01 Sierra 2500HD is currently at the dealer waiting for a new engine. At first they told me the knocking was just piston slap, and that all the 6.0's did it. Well, last monday it started doing it when warm. They tore it apart and said the cylinders have gone out of round due to the piston slap... I have just under 60k on it and hope this new engine doesn't make the same noise.

Add your comment to this topic!