Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lifting a 2wd '85 yoda

taco85
01-26-2005, 08:05 PM
hi all. i have lots of fun reading all the threads about misc. problems. now it is my turn to ask for info. i have an '85 yoda that i am putting a 22re into. it has the 5-spd trans and is 2wd. the problem is that I want to raise it up to take offroading and to use in the winter for plowing. i have found kits that will lift the front but not the back.
my question is this: where can i find a flip kit for a 2wd yoda? or
i also have a yoda 4x4 that is rusted through and through (especially the frame) but has a good driveline. the rear axle on the 4x4 is already made to be under the leaf springs. is it possible to use the axle housing from the 4x4 with the halfshafts & hubs from the 2wd axle? i already plan on using the leaf springs from the 4x4 in my project, but the reear axle is the only thing catching me.
another option would be to just transfer the entire rear suspension over, but then i would have 6-lug rear and 5-lug front. do they make a 6-lug hub for the front of a 2wd?
if anyone can give me any tips or ideas or anything, please do. it is much appreciated.

taco85
01-29-2005, 08:08 PM
i was also wondering, if i were to install 4" lift spindles on the front, would i be able to transfer the front 4x4 components?

Add your comment to this topic!