Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Relays/Power Windows

2000grandam
01-26-2005, 07:22 PM
I have a 2000 Pontiac Grandam GT that I bought brand new. When it was still under warranty It was in the shop about every 3-4 months. The Power door locks (both unlocking and locking) and trunk release do not work. They replaced the relays a number of times but they keep going out. Now that I am out of warranty they have gone out again and have been out for quite awhile. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Also, now my power windows do not work either. The drivers side is off track but now the passenger side won't work. My break light is on for no reason. I have had the breaks checked and they are fine.

Hoags
01-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Sounds like an electrical short somewhere, I don't know where you would find it.even, but you may want to start at the window switches and follow the wires to look for a bare spot that is touching metal or another bare wire.

Electrical problems are a pain in the A**! I had an older Pontiac Phoenix that had a dome light prob. I nearly stripped out the interior and found a pinched wire from a door plunger. sometimes you get lucky and find a short right away, but don't count on it most of them are very challanging Good Luck!

Add your comment to this topic!