Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'98 Camry - Mod Questions

AyzhenInvasion
01-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi, I'm quite a noob but you start off like that... so i'm trying to learn about modding cars and components of a car, etc... so i was just wondering...

first do you think modding a camry is worth it? because i dont' want my camry to be a show camry, i mean i don't care if things like power windows, radio, etc. doesn't work.

What would be a good first mod to maybe get me some experience? I'm thinking of buying a cold air intake and i don't think toyota does specialized aftermarket parts do they? does AEM make them for camrys?

Also if i decided later on to change the engine, the intake if i get one for my current configuration won't work will it?

-thnx

Mike Gerber
01-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Toyota does do specialized aftermarket parts. Look in to TRD at your dealership. That is an acronym for Toyota Racing Division. It's parts for modifying your engine and drivetrain and a few ornamental items, actually made by Toyota. The parts can be a bit expensive, but it doesn't cost anything to look.

Mike

Brian R.
01-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Actually, AEM makes the cold air intake sold by TRD (Toyota Racing Development, sorry Mike). AEM also makes (and sells) the TRD performance air filter - a reusable oiled cotton fiber filter element.

http://www.trdusa.com/Default.asp

Mike Gerber
01-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Brian,

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

Mike

Add your comment to this topic!