Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 explorer turn signals

hakebros
01-26-2005, 04:23 PM
signals come on but do not blink; however, flashers do so I think it's not the relay. Brake lights work too. Fuse is okay because the lights come on. Could it be in the column, I hope not. What am I missing?

B33p3r
01-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Blinkers light.That means your switch works. Flashers and blinkers, although they use the same flasher unit, Use different circuits within the unit. Change it. For a couple dollars, what do you have to lose.

hakebros
01-29-2005, 03:22 PM
very odd, I pulled the relay #552 which calls out flashers & turn signals and yet the flashers still work, so the flashers must be on a different fuse, it must be something else. The blinkers at least came on with the old relay, the new relay was #552/536 they did not even come on. I need to double check this relay. Is there some reset of some kind? Is there another fuse someplace to get my blinkers blinking?

B33p3r
01-29-2005, 08:34 PM
If 1 bulb would not blink I'd guess it was a bulb. You say both blinkers won't blink therefore I guess it's the flasher unit. Don't bother checking the fuses because if they light at all they have power to them.
Inside your fuse box is the "flasher" unit. A metal can, probably says flasher on it. Just because your flashers work, does not mean the can is good! It is possible and pretty common for the blinker circuit within the can to fail yet the flasher circuit still works. Replace the can!!!! If this doesn't fix your problems then you'll probably get into a blinker switch issue. That is much more difficult than replacing the can. But it's your choice.

hakebros
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
replaced the turn signal relay fuse; however, it's not the flashers, they continued to work without this canned fuse. But needed to wiggle the harness behind the replaced fuse also to get them working properly.
problem solved... :biggrin:

Add your comment to this topic!