Imho

paultyler_82
01-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Ya know, I can really sympathise with most everyone that the loss of the Skyline, as it was, really sucks. However, Nissan/Infiniti is taking their lineup in a new direction that I find refreshing, no longer is the point of the Infiniti lineup to make boring lux vehicles that compete directly with Lexus' boring lux vehicles, instead, it's to create new and exciting lux vehicles that are fun to drive, competing with higher end brands like BMW and Audi. As for the styling, true the G35 and G35 Coupe take some getting used to, you gotta learn to like it... thats just the evolution of vehicle styling. Another thing we have to face, is that in street driving and retail sales, the day of the legendary Japanese sports cars is dead, Nissan's GT-R, Toyota's Supra, Mitsubishi's 3000GT VR4 (or GTO if you know it like that) and FTO, four glorious cars wiped from their companies slates, why? Sales never justified R&D costs, Emissions that barely skirted either countries regulations.. It's not fair, Hell, in the US we got shafted, we never got a chance to buy a GT-R OR an FTO off the lot, and the Supra and VR4 were both taken from us few years prior to being taken off the Japan market... sad too, as I would have taken any of these 4 cars over a Camaro, given the choice, considering the price tags, If I could afford a Corvette... I'd rather go buy a converted GT-R V-spec II from MotoRex. There are only two of the legendary jap. sports cars left in the US, still on the retail shelves, and I don't know about you, but that current incarnation of the Lancer EVO is ugly as hell.. not to mention that the US got a bastardized version of the AWD transmission. As for the Imprezza WRX, it's the only real remainder of that era, in my mind, still a pretty and strong car, not looking to be taken off the market any time soon. Enginewise, I think Nissan's going the right route, I personally love the VQ series of engines, owning a 98 Infiniti I30 myself, which has the first generation VQ30DE, it's a powerful little engine that has almost 150k on it and still purrs like a kitten, plus my fuel milage doesn't suck.

Im JDM Yo
02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
You mean America GETS shafted. On a regular basis.

Add your comment to this topic!