Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

exhaust systems

Dabeast
01-25-2005, 08:50 PM
I have a 99 seirra and i want to run dual exhaust. I am tring to choose between magna flow and flowmaster. whichone is better on noise and power plus fuel eff? I dont want it to load and i dont want it to quiet eather.

WEF
01-26-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't know about the Magnaflow but the Flowmaster sounds very good. Mine was very healthy sounding. Owners seem to be divided about power gains. Mine definitely lost torque in the low end.

ridered
01-27-2005, 08:47 AM
can`t say for magna flow but LOVE the sound of flowmaster 40 nice at idle and will turn heads when you put your foot in it. yes you can hear it inside the truck. power loss I don`t think so but then I did shorty headers,high-flow cat. and cat back dual out the back. very pleased with F/M quality stuff

sector95
02-04-2005, 02:44 PM
I have a 99 seirra and i want to run dual exhaust. I am tring to choose between magna flow and flowmaster. whichone is better on noise and power plus fuel eff? I dont want it to load and i dont want it to quiet eather.

I have a '98 SB w/305 and I run the Gibson catback. Went with single side exhaust (like stock). Sounds great: nice burble at idle and a definite roar when you get on it. Probably not as loud as a FlowMaster. No booming or resonating in the cab and at interstate speeds you don't even notice it. System uses 16 gauge (thicker) vs 18 guage steel for the pipes. Forget the fuel economy aspect; you won't notice any.

Good luck...

Mike

blabhern
02-04-2005, 05:50 PM
with a better flowing exhaust system, low end torque will be lost somewhat. Better flowing exhaust will gain more horsepower in the higher rpms. This is one of those components engine engineers (builders) have to contend with when setting up an engine. What is it that you want to gain in? "Take a little, Give a little" Gain horsepower in the high rpms Lose a little low end torque.

Richsnuc
02-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Of those two choices, MagnaFlow, for two reasons:
1) Stainless steel
2) I have been told by a couple of Flowmaster owners that it tends to resonate in the cabin on the highway...gets very annoying.

I personally have Borla on my '96. Sounds great outside but is nice and mellow inside, even at 80 (or more) on the highway.

I have a MagnaFlow system on my MINI CooperS. It's loud and gave noticeably more power. I love it.

RAS

mike123
02-11-2005, 03:46 PM
yo i have a flowmaster exhaust from my 91 camaro , dont remember which series it is , but it sounds nice , what kinda work would i have to do to put it on meh 93 1500 , cause if i remember right it goes from like 3' in and 2 1/2' out with two exhaust ports , i mean it sounds nice and everything ijust dont really understand how i would have it setup , i mean i have all teh tools i would need a guess i could just use an arc welding to weld it right?

jerrylittle
02-12-2005, 07:42 PM
I have a 98 350 vortec and put a magna flow on it sounds real good. I have a friend with a 5.3 liter 2001. I pull him off the line with great pull on him many car lengths in front put then the 5.3 catches and passes. I like the magna flow. I have tramendous low end.

Add your comment to this topic!