Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

R32 GTS-4, 180via, Z32 (2+2), Impreza 2.5RS

uranium235powered
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Yes, yes...I will not be getting a car soon, but I would like to do some research. I have a few cars in mind, and if I have any left-over money I would use it for mods. I live in Canada, so importing an R32 is of no concern. Insurance will definately kill me, as it would with any other car. Give me suggestions of any other potential cars meeting my requirements.

Here are my requirements.

Total cost will be less than $15,000 (for car and/or mods)
Must be able to seat 4 people or more
Japanese cars preferred
No extremely high maintenance fees
Would be suitable as a daily driver.
I can at least run mid - high 13's in the 1/4 mile
RWD or AWD

If you have the time, could you tell me why you picked that car? Or tell me why not to pick a car?

sirsmiley
02-01-2005, 05:17 AM
I think youll be hard pressed to find any of those cars for 15g canadian....theyre pretty rare in canada in any decent shape, i didnt even know you could even import a skyline (if youre talking about r32), i thought it had something to do with emissions and clearance or something

the subaru would be your best bet, you can get an rs for about 15g befoore taxes and mods fairly new (2002-2003) awd is extremely expensive to repair btw if something goes wrong....and many awd/4x4 brakes use self adjusting drums sometimes as well so it has discs for regular braking and a set of special brakes just for abs (at least it is on fords) pain in the ass...
my parents have a subaru forester, great vehicle but im afraid to see repair costs down the road

ace_valdez
10-12-2005, 07:39 AM
i like the 300z out of all of those.

honda_racing101
10-14-2005, 09:35 PM
I vote for the 300ZXTT. Zeds are good for 13s quite easily. If your lucky ZedEx will see this thread and he will really be able to tell you the strong points of the car batter than I.

dimefury
10-14-2005, 09:49 PM
tough choice, they are all wonderful vehicles and personal favorites

but if you are living in canada, i would go with something AWD rather than RWD for bad condition driving

if weather up there is still nice most of the year, i would get the 300zx

please don't send a rare and beautiful R32 up to canada to rust

buy a 2.5 rs impreza or if you really want to import something from japan get an evo5

planet_keeper
10-15-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm a whore for 3000gt vr4s. I dont know if you've looked into them or not but they are about on par with the 300zx tt. Honestly though, the skyline would be tight. I dont know about in canada, but I talk about it for a week every time I see a skyline down here in the states :D I'm not very familiar with their performance though.

If you wanted to look into vr4s, 1993 and up is preferable. Watch out though because if you get a crappy vr4 maintanence can be horrifying.

Add your comment to this topic!