99 Suburban battery dead and can't get in!

lisa180
01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
1999 Suburban with a battery that mysteriously goes dead - slow drain. Alternator and battery o.k. We suspect interior lights aren't going off - will try the WD40 trick I read on the site.

Now - the big problem - I can't get in. Not even with a good old fashioned key. None of the doors are working. Any suggestion as to how I can get in or pop the hood to charge the battery? Anyone else had similar problem?

lisa180
01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
We're In!

bpalmer
01-24-2005, 10:07 PM
I've had the same problem with my 99. Wake up in the middle of the night to find the lights on, doors still locked. Has happened a couple of times. Finally enabled the dome override to prevent the lights from coming on. Don't get interrior lights, but don't wake up to dead truck. Good luck...

bn2wild
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
I have a '99 with similar problems.

At one time, my truck was experiencing discharging often. So much that it refused to take a jump. Bought a new battery, and evrything was OK again, for a while...

I started using the dome override button next to the light switch. The dome lights shut off earlier than ususal, but never have a drained battery anymore. When I need the dome lights, I just switch the override off again.

1999 Suburban with a battery that mysteriously goes dead - slow drain. Alternator and battery o.k. We suspect interior lights aren't going off - will try the WD40 trick I read on the site.

Now - the big problem - I can't get in. Not even with a good old fashioned key. None of the doors are working. Any suggestion as to how I can get in or pop the hood to charge the battery? Anyone else had similar problem?

J-Ri
01-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Just curious, how'd ya get in? A brick? :)

01-30-2005, 03:22 PM
I have a 1999 and the samething happened. It was my door switch. About $7.00 and it just pops out and the new one plugs in. Dave

Add your comment to this topic!